MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who ate my posts?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2012-12-16, 09:58 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]"Abandonware is a product for which no product support is available and the manufacturer is ignoring the product. It is differentiated from a discontinued product because the manufacturer has not issued an official notice of discontinuance, instead, the manufacturer is simply ignoring the product. Copyright ownership may be unclear because while the manufacturer is ignoring the product it may not be tracking or enforcing copyright violations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

Since MyBB fits none of these (still in development, frequent updates from developers, clear indication of copyright, no notice of discontinuance because it has not been discontinued), it isn't abandonware. Wink

You'd make a good lawyer StingReay!

Do you believe in relativity? Because I'm gonna say you're both right and wrong! While an observer would probably say it's not abandoned, from where I stand, it IS abandoned! Because to me "no product support is available" and this is also indirectly affecting people who are using my plugin(s).

Your turn! Hope your terminology skill solves this PHP/MySQL bug!
Until you are able to offer enough information related to the issue for it to be solved or at least to be tracked down, your are not helping at all.

Your attitude to this single so called "bug" which even you, the most affected user by it will I say, can't help to track down, is ridiculous.
(2012-12-16, 11:19 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Until you are able to offer enough information related to the issue for it to be solved or at least to be tracked down, your are not helping at all.

Your attitude to this single so called "bug" which even you, the most affected user by it will I say, can't help to track down, is ridiculous.

Thank you for commenting on my attitude!

Okay, say I ridiculously reported this bug/feature(!) in 07-30-2011 and now after over a year you're wisely telling me that you have always wanted to ask me for more information?!

I really don't wanna know whether it's that the team is too shy to discuss about technical issues but bold enough to call users "ridiculous" or there are some rational reasons behind this. The only thing that I would like to know is that what kind of info you need. Please let me know.
So - did someone try to update the thread counter for this particular thread here on mybb.com? Wink

(shows #407 posts but 404 replies in the forum index, so we have a wrong counter here on mybb.com)

I don't have that issue with the Google SEO thread... shows #706 posts in the thread, 705 replies in the forumdisplay, which is correct as the replies never include the first post.

Regardless of where a bug may be located, this is a site issue as long as that thread's counter is wrong.
(2012-12-17, 12:17 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]So - did someone try to update the thread counter for this particular thread here on mybb.com? Wink

(shows #407 posts but 404 replies in the forum index, so we have a wrong counter here on mybb.com)

I don't have that issue with the Google SEO thread... shows #706 posts in the thread, 705 replies in the forumdisplay, which is correct as the replies never include the first post.

Regardless of where a bug may be located, this is a site issue as long as that thread's counter is wrong.

I know one more plugin that has this issue.
The http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=99
Until this thread i never realized it but the posts created on a forum with that plugin are counted as replies. Regardless if its the first post or not.
So i am not sure if its a bug with the reply counter or just a bug/bad coding from the plugin just thought i would point out something regarding this.

And almost every forum software has/had this issue. If a thread gets bigger it somehow just always ends up happening. Seen it happen with vbulletin, smf, mybb and i even remember with vbulletin you could end up (dont think it still happens) with the multipage counter breaking meaning the last page didnt exist (going as much as 3-4 page difference).
(2012-12-17, 03:38 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]So i am not sure if its a bug with the reply counter or just a bug/bad coding from the plugin just thought i would point out something regarding this.

I think that's very likely that some modifications/customizations cause these problems in mybb.com. There is another bug that I've reported here ( http://community.mybb.com/post-625127.html ). Now I feel like Galileo trying to convince people that the earth is not flat! :‌D

What that bugs more than these bugs is that you see something that they don't and they neither believe you nor take a look for themselves.

They can simply log into my account and type this link ( http://community.mybb.com/syndication.php ) in their web browser and press enter to make sure that I'm not hallucinating. But they don't care enough. It's been over a year in both cases but checking them out wouldn't take more than a few seconds (literally).
See how ridiculous my attitude is? And still MyBB is not abandoned (terminologically!).

P.S. Sorry to bring that thread up. Needed to make a point.
We cannot log into your account Saeed. We do not have access to your password and we do not use any plugins that make that possible.
I am -and have always been- wiling to give a member of the team my password to check that out. I'll send it to you via PM.
Ok, I logged in as you and I saw that you had two users on ignore (I unignored them for testing) - I wondered if that might be the cause. No change.

I think a recount of this thread post count will "fix" this particular thread,I don't have the ACP access to do that, but I can ask if it can be done.

However, I don't really see how doing that helps us with the real problem - which is how the counts get mismatched. Logging in as you lets me see the result (the same result we all see - count on forumdisplay = 404, count on post count 407. A three post variance) but does not tell me HOW it happened.
(2012-12-17, 10:27 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]However, I don't really see how doing that helps us with the real problem - which is how the counts get mismatched.

Well, no one can answer that long after it happened. The interesting question is, does the recount fix it, or does it happen again after a while - if the problem persists, the issue is being reproduced right here in this forum, and as such a dev could debug it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9