MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It's not April fools anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2012-04-03, 06:57 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the joke was making us all believe that 1.8 was a joke.

You're all cruel. </3

Or maybe the joke was making you all believe that the joke was making you believe that 1.8 was a joke when it actually is.

Mind boggling.
According to the official statement, the next major release would be 2.0: http://community.mybb.com/thread-83453-p...#pid607904

Wikipedia confirms it;
Wikipedia Wrote:MyBB 2.0

The next major release of MyBB will be 2.0, targeted for a release within MyBB's typical release cycle. Currently in planning/early development, it is being rewritten from scratch in a MVC method.

On 7 July 2011, MyBB announced some 2.0 project information. The software is being written using the Yii framework and will be including conversation-style personal messaging (PM) systems, a simplified User CP and Moderation Queues.
Real or not real?

See what I did there? Never mind...

Real: MyBB 1.8 Tour: Introduction Blog Post
Cool so it's real, nice.
Looks plumed & stuffed with good features. I am scary though on templates & plugin part. Lets see though. But still 1.6.8., 1.6.9 left before we move to 1.8 or a direct jump would be there from 1.6.7 to 1.8 ?
(2012-04-03, 09:33 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Real or not real?

See what I did there? Never mind...

YES I DID Big Grin Real.
(2012-04-03, 07:32 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Wikipedia confirms it;

Wikipedia is false, I have to edit it. They also want to delete the article....
How will existing 1.6 themes be compatible on the 1.8?

The facelift is great for new users, but to re-do themes for existing boards especially for us Big Board Owners is more of a chore.
Existing themes a plugins should be 99% compatible. 1.8 isn't nearly as much of an overhaul as 1.4-1.6 was.
(2012-04-03, 01:47 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-03, 07:32 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Wikipedia confirms it;

Wikipedia is false, I have to edit it. They also want to delete the article....

But it was true at the time when I posted Wink

Good news BTW.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9