MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It's not April fools anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2012-04-08, 04:17 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]There's a lot more to the new default theme than you can see from that one screenshot. We're making a number of changes that we think will be well-received. If you don't like our adoption of Apart, I'm sorry, but this is the direction we are going for MyBB 1.8. We think it is a significant update over our existing default theme, and we think this is a good time to make the update.

And remember, 2.0 will have a completely new theme. I will say the colors are fairly similar (as should be expected, considering the new logo), but that's about it. It's a significant update, but it is one worthy of the 2.0 update because it will literally break everything. It's not something we should apply to an update like 1.8.

This is the direction we're headed, and we're all excited about what we're doing. If you don't think the visual change to 1.8 is significant enough, just wait until we apply the update here along with our new website. Trust me, it's kind of hard to believe it's the same website.
Grrr. And I have to wait til August for this... Toungue
(2012-04-08, 05:49 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Grrr. And I have to wait til August for this... Toungue

More like May at the earliest. We wouldn't release 1.8 without extensive testing.
So I believe STAFF only could adopt the 1.8 theme on this forum? Is it visible now?
(2012-04-08, 07:05 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]So I believe STAFF only could adopt the 1.8 theme on this forum? Is it visible now?

We're running 1.6.7. 1.8 is accessible locally via Git for staff members.
I figured the website would be rolled out at stable.
(2012-04-08, 07:53 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I figured the website would be rolled out at stable.

I thought you were referring to the 1.8 theme - The website, blog, etc.. will be updated when 1.8 is released. Smile
Well, I was referring to all of it — well, sorta. Big Grin
People need to remember, most sites using this default theme are poor sites (most). I don't see why using the Apart theme will change that, it's like a site right now using one of those themes, a poor site. In the end, <snip> all is changing to be honest. You want a good site? Get your own custom theme.
(2012-04-08, 10:33 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]People need to remember, most sites using this default theme are poor sites (most). I don't see why using the Apart theme will change that, it's like a site right now using one of those themes, a poor site. In the end, <snip> all is changing to be honest. You want a good site? Get your own custom theme.

Not the point.

Believe it or not, there's quite a few people who would judge MyBB on their look alone. When I first found MyBB I never knew there were themes that looked nothing like the default. I thought all the MyBB themes I saw were all default edits and were obvious. Like HF for example. I thought THAT was the style - I guarantee many others have this mindset when introduced to MyBB too.
Anxiety Wrote:Believe it or not, there's quite a few people who would judge MyBB on their look alone. When I first found MyBB I never knew there were themes that looked nothing like the default. I thought all the MyBB themes I saw were all default edits and were obvious. Like HF for example. I thought THAT was the style - I guarantee many others have this mindset when introduced to MyBB too.

Actually, I believed that was the MyBB style when I first saw MyBB, too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9