MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It's not April fools anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2012-04-05, 10:29 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]* Anxiety insists he posted smilies to help Scoutie out.

What exactly did he need help with?
It's a shame to see so much criticism about the new default theme. For one thing, people completely miss the point of us using it. It's not because we can't be bothered to create a new one or we don't have the time, it's the fact that it's a highly recognized MyBB theme, it's widely used across many forums, it comes in a wide range of colors (A perfect candidate for showing examples of base colors) and it isn't too much of a change from the old default theme.

Chances are it will provide an opportunity for many more stunning MyBB themes to arise. It's not meant to be flashy or a huge improvement. Just a simple face lift.

What you've already seen is one screenshot; There's much more to the theme than just replacing it with a premade one. Justin has already come up with many improvements which are in discussion.

Finally, how many of you will actually be using the default theme? For those who like it, they can use it. For those that don't, they can use another or create their own.

The theme serves it's purpose and that's what we're aiming for.
(2012-04-05, 10:25 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I seemed irritated? Please signify the single words used to project that image. I'm sorry if I didn't smother you with compliments and applaud you for your replies, I'll improve I promise.

Well now you are clearly irritated, but if you insist;

Quote:Also, you wouldn't have to differ from the general MyBB style, so that's already set in stone so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:Did I say have one similar to IPB (even though it's a hell of a lot more professional than ours)?

Quote:So wait, all sites using the apart series deserved to get bagged on now? Well haven't you changed your tone.

Correct me if I am wrong, but those do convey an irritated tone.

Quote:This is nothing like "but x has y" at all... I'm giving examples. I'm not "so opposed" to it either, rather I'm simply arguing against it, if you read my post properly you'd notice I said "But yeah, I couldn't care personally since I won't be using any of the default themes as I use different ones, both main site and ACP", so why would it bug me?

.. and then you carry on to say:

Quote:I'm just thinking like a new webmaster looking to use MyBB. Apart is very nice but it's still not nearly as professional/clean as the vBulletin/IPB/Xenforo free themes.

Quote:Oops, nearly forgot smother time. Thanks for your interesting replies Smile, I love debating Toungue, it makes me so happy that you put time and care into your posts Smile, I hope I didn't offend you Toungue, I'm just arguing my point Smile.

>i know! i have nothing further to contribute, so will instead play the "LOL I TROLE U" game!
Slightly off topic: will MyBB.com be getting a face lift as well?
(2012-04-06, 03:46 AM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off topic: will MyBB.com be getting a face lift as well?

IIRC, yes. The new logo/design will be implemented.
Yes, MyBB.com is being updated too. It looks cool. Toungue
(2012-04-06, 03:46 AM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off topic: will MyBB.com be getting a face lift as well?

Mybb always use the latest version of the software, as far as i know.
All I'll say is that I'm looking forward to both 1.8 and 2.0. If 1.8 arrives before November of this year, then I'll be using it instead of whatever version 1.6 got to. Toungue

No biggie to me. Besides, I won't be using the default theme for long, as I always change the theme to match what the forum/site's about.
Right time for me to enter this. I have no problem in the default theme as no one will really use it and it does look better.

Quote:If you've been here since 1.4, and had to wade through endless amounts of overnight forums popping up using the Afresh series offering absolutely nothing new or interesting in the showcase forum, you'd understand where I'm coming from. You sure inferred a lot of things from my post. Should I have added a smiley to indicate my satire?
Well why are you not bothered about seeing it on many more forums then? You said 'offering absolutely nothing new or interesting in the showcase forum' surely you should be against this theme been used then?

Quote: it's the fact that it's a highly recognized MyBB theme, it's widely used across many forums, it comes in a wide range of colors (A perfect candidate for showing examples of base colors) and it isn't too much of a change from the old default theme.
Is this not a bad thing though? Using a theme that is widely used with some edits will surely just mean that all forums using this theme series will look like hardly any effort has been put into the design.

As stated I have no problem with this been used but I think using it as a default will easily loose the quality of the theme and make it look a way lot more overused than it already is. I think myBB should really use something fresh and unique.
(2012-04-06, 06:33 PM)WarStopper Wrote: [ -> ]Well why are you not bothered about seeing it on many more forums then? You said 'offering absolutely nothing new or interesting in the showcase forum' surely you should be against this theme been used then?

The theme has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the website. When I say that most of those sites using the theme are crap, it's because those sites are crap. The theme is just very popular and typically associated with poor sites. That's not always the case, however.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9