MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It's not April fools anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1.6 themes should be barely affected. I'm trying to limit the amount of JavaScript in templates which takes out some editing but most of the default theme changes are an occasional div tag or class addition.

I'll be doing a step by step guide to changes in a theme with the beta release.

(2012-04-03, 01:46 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]YES I DID Big Grin Real.

Hah! I thought for a second no one would get it. Big Grin
(2012-04-03, 05:26 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-03, 01:46 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]YES I DID Big Grin Real.

Hah! I thought for a second no one would get it. Big Grin

The odds were in your favor this time Big Grin
Willthe 1.8 beta be available to all or just staff and big board owners.
(2012-04-04, 02:37 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Willthe 1.8 beta be available to all or just staff and big board owners.

It will be available to everyone. Big Board owners only get access to some releases earlier to patch there boards for security vulnerabilities or for testing performance improvements on larger installations.
Cool so we can have a play with the software before makin the switch from 1.6.x to 1.8
(2012-04-04, 02:47 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Cool so we can have a play with the software before makin the switch from 1.6.x to 1.8

There will be a few betas released over the period of a few months (As we add more features/bug fixes/etc..), then a 1.8.0 release. We'll be supporting 1.6 for quite a while after (I'd say at least 6 months, maybe longer) before dropping support/security fixes for that series.

The way I see it, it will be similar to when 1.6 was in development. Things could change from how it was done then though.
Not sure I'll upgrade to be honest. I'm not sure it's worth it as there's not exactly any significant changes Confused.
You'll want to upgrade. It'll have Spam Ninja.

(wait was I supposed to say that? Oh well.)

Also using that reason you wouldn't want to upgrade from 1.6.6 to 1.6.7. There are way more changes from 1.6 -> 1.8 then there were in 1.6.6 - > 1.6.7.

1.6 plugins, themes, and everything will be compatible.
Yeah, it was mentioned in the blog post that Spam Ninja had been scrapped and it's features were written into the 1.8 core instead.
Oh, ok Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9