MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts Public Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
As said at least twice in this thread I AM ADDING A USER CP PREFERENCES PAGE. THIS IS A BETA AND NOT A COMPLETE INDICATION OF THE FINAL PRODUCT.
Euantor - thinking about the alerts popup thing - have you considered humane.js?

- it is library independent (so you only need to make it once)
- small footprint (4.5kb zipped)
- looks quite sexy
- fully themeable using css.

http://wavded.github.com/humane-js/
To be perfectly honest, I've never actually heard of it. I'll look into it, though it doesn't look like it would work as a replacement to the dropdown as it seems to only show one thing at a time.

PS: I'm still struggling with that Prototype D: Going to bump my thread I guess
I'm currently writing a plugin, well, modifying, and I also wanted a popup modal box for it to appear and show some data from the DB. It was possible basing my code in how mybb build-in feature for choosing the recipients when composing a PM using ajax.

Perhaps you can use that? You load the number of alerts at global_end (or global_start depending on how you are coding it) and when the users clicks the number the modal box is opening, as it is a ajax call you easily can reset the alerts number there. There wouldn't be any problem to show X number of alerts regarding of you resetting the count or not either.

Mine is quite nice, tough I can't figure out how to aligned it to the middle, and probably it will have some problems since there could be a modal box by posts, hmm...
Yeah, I contemplated doing that but really a dropdown looks much nicer (or at least, the one in my local install does). I'll certainly provide the code to convert it to a modal but the dropdown will be default for sure.

Anyway, just wanted to give a status update on the actual code. I'm hoping to release beta 2 this week though at the end of the week I'm going on holiday (again) for two weeks so I obviously won't be able to provide a great deal of support till I get back. So long as no major bugs are found I think we'll then be close to a proper "gold" release Smile
A great notice euantor, you have plans to continue the project in MyBB 1.8?
I sure do. I was originally hoping to release the plugin alongside 1.8 though by the looks of things it'll be ready long before that. That's the main reason for my usage of jQuery too Smile
(2012-08-13, 03:37 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I contemplated doing that but really a dropdown looks much nicer (or at least, the one in my local install does). I'll certainly provide the code to convert it to a modal but the dropdown will be default for sure.

Yes, I went through "modal mania" for a while but I have decided that modal boxes are so last week and I am going back to dropdowns and simple show/hide->scroll to divs. Much smoother feel.
So my modal mod is going to fail? Confused

Mine looks nice, you will see it will succeed! Toungue
Well, not ALL modals are bad, I just think that it is getting a bit daft that is all, but I think it is very cool that MyAlerts will be so modifiable for those of us who spend our time tinkering with templates Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19