MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts Public Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Actually, yes, that depends on forum. If your forum has less than 50K or 100K posts, you shouldn't prune a day old logs.
Why not just add a task for the pruning and not a setting, wouldn't have to worry about the options.
It's already using a task, but my past experience with the task in MyXBL is that 99% of people will still send me PMs and stuff asking how to change the time delay even if I make it clear.
(2012-07-23, 08:02 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just add a task for the pruning and not a setting, wouldn't have to worry about the options.

The thing is what settings to use for the task to prune alerts?

Crazy4cats suggested adding a option to delete ALL allerts after X amount of time, which will not fit all boards.
I could always provide two task files and only enable one by default.
IMO by default there should be no logs pruned because the purpose of this plugin will be destroyed.

For example, I am out of station for 2-3 days, after I am back when I login to my forum I would certainly want to see the notifications.

And for BBOs a task should be added rather than a setting to prune. So the admin can set the schedule timing for the task.
(2012-07-23, 08:34 PM)ProVirus Wrote: [ -> ]IMO by default there should be no logs pruned because the purpose of this plugin will be destroyed.

For example, I am out of station for 2-3 days, after I am back when I login to my forum I would certainly want to see the notifications.

And for BBOs a task should be added rather than a setting to prune. So the admin can set the schedule timing for the task.

The pruning only deletes unread alerts so the system will still work as intended unless you specifically tell it not to.
(2012-07-23, 09:37 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-23, 08:34 PM)ProVirus Wrote: [ -> ]IMO by default there should be no logs pruned because the purpose of this plugin will be destroyed.

The pruning only deletes unread alerts so the system will still work as intended unless you specifically tell it not to.

You mean read alerts, not unread, I assume.
(2012-07-24, 12:00 AM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-23, 09:37 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean read alerts, not unread, I assume.

Yeah xd
For the prune time, just set it to days and accept decimal values so just test for is_numeric when using the setting. most folks can figure out fractional days pretty easy to get hours
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19