MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts Public Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Right now there's a task to auto clean them (can't remember if I added the task install routine to plugin install though... Need to check that). Adding the ability for users to delete alerts is one of the key things I need to do before the final release.
Already added the actual settings page on github though they currently don't actually do anything till later this afternoon when I install MyBB on this old laptop (my usual computer is in getting a new fan fitted).
Just wanted to say I'm almost ready to release this now. All I'm waiting on really is to see if frostschutz accepts my pull request to PluginLibrary to make adding the stylesheet easier. Everything else is done.

I'll also be updating the test site to the latest version today so if you're interested in helping take part in the final testing stage, make sure to visit Smile
awesome. Will there be an api/instruction on how to add existing plugins to this?

I have to report that I did in fact FAIL to integrate Tomm's Post reps Sad. I do think that a lot of users would also like to see G33k's Thankyou/Like integrated so they get an alert on a like, so an instruction on how to integrate would be welcomed.
(2012-09-17, 04:46 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I have to report that I did in fact FAIL to integrate Tomm's Post reps Sad. I do think that a lot of users would also like to see G33k's Thankyou/Like integrated so they get an alert
Yup and labrocca's myawards too.
(2012-09-17, 04:46 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]awesome. Will there be an api/instruction on how to add existing plugins to this?

I have to report that I did in fact FAIL to integrate Tomm's Post reps Sad. I do think that a lot of users would also like to see G33k's Thankyou/Like integrated so they get an alert on a like, so an instruction on how to integrate would be welcomed.

(2012-09-17, 04:54 PM)ProVirus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-17, 04:46 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I have to report that I did in fact FAIL to integrate Tomm's Post reps Sad. I do think that a lot of users would also like to see G33k's Thankyou/Like integrated so they get an alert
Yup and labrocca's myawards too.

There will be. Some of the work I've done in the last day or to has been focused on making it easier for plugin authors too so it can all just be done using standard MyBB plugin hooks.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do anything about Labrocca's MyAwards unless he feels generous enough to give me a subscription at MyBBCentral and let me distribute modifications to his plugin or modify it himself. I'll have to contact him about that.
Actually, I think rather than adding support for one plugin - an instruction for ALL plugins would be better - it is up to Euantor though of course.
(2012-09-17, 05:19 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]euantor, for now please add support for thank you/like pugin by g33k..

(2012-09-17, 05:25 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I think rather than adding support for one plugin - an instruction for ALL plugins would be better - it is up to Euantor though of course.

I really don't want to include support for particular plugins in this plugin and not others. People are already unhappy with how long the release is taking.

What I WILL do is release a sample plugin that hooks into MyAlerts and a full guide for it on the github wiki.

TBH, the only plugins I'd consider doing are Tomm's MyNetwork ones as I know he plans to continue support for them and I know how well written they are...
Already got plans for this Toungue
- OUGC Awards
- Rate Me a Funny - Redux

Waiting for it!
Glad to hear Omar! Mind if I shoot you a PM?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19