MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts Public Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2012-07-23, 11:33 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]It would allow to modify the days to us BBOs, for example right? 1 week is very big, if I ever plan to use it, maybe 24 hours or 18 hours.

What if users visit the board each two days? They will never see any alert.

Or will the task only delete unread alerts based on a date and read alerts based on other one, euantor?

BTW, you may do the calculation in the script and only allow hours or days in the settings. I personally hate time stamps :|
It only deletes alerts that have been marked as read Smile I don't see any reason to keep old read alerts anyway. I'm also going to have an option for users to manually remove alerts anyway.

I could do the calculation in the script I guess. Should I use days within the setting?
Days sounds good to me, I doubt HF will ever use this anyways.
Ok, I'll do that then Smile It's not just HF I'm worried about. Any decent sized board could have issues with a massive database without the task enabled. My test board reached a database size well over 1mb after only 2 days or so.
I wouldn't do days, some large boards may prefer less than that. Maybe a select box next to it with the option of hours/days/weeks and a default of 1 week.
If I run this i would probably prune it every 5-6 hours.
That would obviously be the best option, but the settings system in MyBB doesn't allow that kind of flexibility and having them on different lines would be a bit weird.
(2012-07-23, 03:34 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What if users visit the board each two days? They will never see any alert.
That's the point of this plugin to me. It will make people active or else they miss alerts, more nicer way IMHO.

(2012-07-23, 03:40 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It only deletes alerts that have been marked as read
Can you please add an ACP setting (check box) to delete via task read alerts only or unread and read both, because I would like to delete both. Would be nice.
I suppose I can do, yes.
(2012-07-23, 04:36 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]That would obviously be the best option, but the settings system in MyBB doesn't allow that kind of flexibility and having them on different lines would be a bit weird.

Don't sounds too bad.

(2012-07-23, 04:40 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-23, 03:34 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What if users visit the board each two days? They will never see any alert.
That's the point of this plugin to me. It will make people active or else they miss alerts, more nicer way IMHO.

I suppose it is a matter of opinions then, the site I currently visit that uses some kind of notification system waits for me even months till I read them, the same will be if I sometime choose to use this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19