MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts Public Beta 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I had hoped for Beta 2 to be ready before I went on holiday but it wasn't. I'm back now though so I'm hoping to release it this week instead.
Suggestion: Add the possibility to mention an user from the post

@User or [mention]euantor[/mention]

This is already possible but the plugin sends a MP, its more usefull if the mention only mark as a notification
As I've said before, the above will not be a core feature but I'm considering building a separate social plugin hooked into MyAlerts to add user mentions and post likes.
hi Euantor - I have a couple of questions here regarding styling Big Grin

I have just finished reworking my header and using Template Conditionals I have an IF ELSE thing going so that "events" become visible when they happen. Example: I have a chat link - if no users in chat then just the chat link - if a user in chat then the number of users in chat appears in the header.

Is it possible to do that fairly easily with the my alerts header notification? I don't need ajax - they can see em on page reload.

Also,how is the development doing on this plugin? Any chance of a release?
I'll answer the second question first as it's easiest: beta 2 is coming this weekend (either today or tomorrow).

For the first question, it should be fairly simple using the $mybb->user['unreadAlerts'] variable - especially in beta 2. Something such as

<if $mybb->user['unreadAlerts'] > 0 then>
    <myalerts_headericon>
</endif>

Should work Smile
Excellent. I will get the new theme set up on my test board ready for the Beta. Big Grin
UP...

a project like this deserves to be on the first page.

Waiting anxiously for beta 2
Looks like euantor is too busy.
There will likely be no beta 2 - we'll be jumping straight to a final release in the next 2 weeks Smile I've almost added everything I want to for the final release but time has been short recently with extra hours at work and my summer vacation.
Nice. I'm really looking forward to the final release. This is definitely going to be a popular plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19