MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 Alpha on Github
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2013-01-24, 11:51 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]There are some issues with responsive web design, but they are technical, mainly to do with downloading unnecessary assets (e.g. images and stylesheets). You can easily scale down images proportionally with CSS, but why would mobile users download such large images only to have them downscaled afterwards? Similarly, why would mobile users download the bits of CSS they are not going to need? This is some of the stuff that is actively being discussed and worked on. If I recall correctly there are plans for a <picture> element, for which you can specify multiple image sources or something like that.

But doesn't

<link href="320.css" rel="stylesheet" media="(max-width: 320px)">

prevent loading stylesheets unnecessarily?

And then there are things like Response for serving correct images.

Though the <picture> element you mentioned would certainly be nicer than including a JS file to accomplish the same thing.
The theme looks good but i feel it needs more color.
Interesting article and viewpoints Fabio. I'd love to try more with responsive but as you pointed out, a lot of the basic structure of MyBB would make it very troublesome.
I like the idea of how many minutes ago was the last visit.
I like relative times. It's just bad for slow/new forums.
(2013-01-25, 06:28 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]I like relative times. It's just bad for slow/new forums.

Oh god. You make a good point. Maybe I really should get some of my friends posting again in mine.
Currently tearing it apart.

http://i6.minus.com/irhh4HsY2zAUy.png

nice use of overqualified CSS selectors btw. Wink

Hm, why can't I delete css3.css? Seems like a useless extra request.
(2013-01-25, 02:55 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, why can't I delete css3.css? Seems like a useless extra request.

Because by default it's inherited from the MyBB Master Style. Just click on the Properties and hit Save, it'll copy it over to your theme.

--

I've updated the demo forum, and Javscript is now working as it should. Feel free to join if you haven't already, it's updated every few days to the latest commit so you may see new features along the way. Smile
Where is the download? Can give me the link?
(2013-01-26, 05:43 PM)ReDMaD Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the download? Can give me the link?

There's no download link because it's not supposed to be installed on a live environment. You have to clone the repo to your local host.

As I see you've already forked it:

git clone https://github.com/ReDMaD/mybb.git

Implying you already have Git installed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13