MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 Alpha on Github
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Well MyBB includes Prototype from a local file so I figured just do that? And also that's what I mean, how exactly do I put it into the header include? Is it in an XML file, a .php file, etc.?
(2013-01-24, 05:55 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I love how everyone reads what's posted in the first post instead of just clicking the links Toungue.

(2013-01-24, 06:11 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed that the jQuery library isn't even included in the github version. So where exactly would one include it? I'd like to get started on the code conversion, but won't be much help unless jQuery is included. xD

*sigh*
I think my question was misunderstood. >..> I know "where" it goes, I just don't know which files need to be edited for everything to work correctly.
You can just use the link in a script tag, put it in the jscripts folder and remove all the prototype code from the header include.

EDIT to reply to erics update

These are the jscripts commonly used.

General js
popup.js
editor.js
inline edit.js....
Um... lol...

Let me try restating.

In what file are MyBB templates located pre-install? This way I can edit them to include the jQuery code.

(I guess you guys think I'm asking where you'd do it through the template editor? Believe me I've made enough themes to know that much. ._.)
Thanks Leefish. xD
I see it's still not responsive by default Toungue.
(2013-01-24, 06:39 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I see it's still not responsive by default Toungue.

Too large a change for a minor version. Smile

(2013-01-24, 06:16 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 06:13 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Header include and link it from Google CDN?

I'd be more partial to using http://cdnjs.com/ myself Wink

As would I. Latency for me is only 16ms.

(2013-01-23, 09:18 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-23, 09:17 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]I think the theme is mostly finalised. The conversion to jQuery is still to take place though. Personally, I'd start coding and designing most of the theme now but hold off writing any JS until we get the jQuery conversion done so you can make the most of JS libraries, classes and functions in the core. For instance, we'll have to write a popup/dropdown function of some sort into the core. Writing your own now then finding it's core is fairly pointless IMO.

OK, sounds good. If my theme has no additional colors, is it a possibility to completely remove the color feature from that theme?

I don't believe it's a requirement, just an optional box for attachable base colors.

(2013-01-23, 07:53 PM)Budhan Wrote: [ -> ]Wowsome cool Job guys,

I'm so excited.

Where is the changelog ??

There isn't one currently, but if you search through the commits you can see what we've done so far. Smile
(2013-01-24, 07:07 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 06:39 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I see it's still not responsive by default Toungue.

Too large a change for a minor version. Smile

Wouldn't have thought so. Would've thought it be implemented with the new design that you wanted to push with 1.8
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13