MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 Alpha on Github
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Yup, that's one of our new features Smile Easy theme colour changing. I think we talked about it in a blog tour post?
(2013-01-23, 09:05 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, that's one of our new features Smile Easy theme colour changing. I think we talked about it in a blog tour post?

Neat.

My archived icon pack improves load time by 0.01 before caching. Not much, but every little bit counts these days.

Only if we can have full blown settings for each theme like WordPress...
We'll probably be optimizing all the images before we go gold Smile We haven't compressed them yet because they're subject to change.

I also suggested stylesheet minification which may be implemented before we go gold too which will speed things up even further. The main change has been in the PHP though speed wise.

Re: the theme settings: I doubt it'll make it into 1.8. it would be nice but we're already on a feature backlog. We'll see what happens though.
(2013-01-23, 09:09 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]We'll probably be optimizing all the images before we go gold Smile We haven't compressed them yet because they're subject to change.

I also suggested stylesheet minification which may be implemented before we go gold too which will speed things up even further. The main change has been in the PHP though speed wise.

Re: the theme settings: I doubt it'll make it into 1.8. it would be nice but we're already on a feature backlog. We'll see what happens though.

Euan, do you recommend we get our themes going for 1.8 now or later?
I think the theme is mostly finalised. The conversion to jQuery is still to take place though. Personally, I'd start coding and designing most of the theme now but hold off writing any JS until we get the jQuery conversion done so you can make the most of JS libraries, classes and functions in the core. For instance, we'll have to write a popup/dropdown function of some sort into the core. Writing your own now then finding it's core is fairly pointless IMO.
(2013-01-23, 09:17 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]I think the theme is mostly finalised. The conversion to jQuery is still to take place though. Personally, I'd start coding and designing most of the theme now but hold off writing any JS until we get the jQuery conversion done so you can make the most of JS libraries, classes and functions in the core. For instance, we'll have to write a popup/dropdown function of some sort into the core. Writing your own now then finding it's core is fairly pointless IMO.

OK, sounds good. If my theme has no additional colors, is it a possibility to completely remove the color feature from that theme?
Uhm, that's a good question. I haven't played too much with that aspect of 1.8 at all. It was developed before I was even on the team IIRC.
Surely you just don't add extra stylesheets, or am I wrong?
(2013-01-23, 09:19 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you just don't add extra stylesheets, or am I wrong?

It appears thats what the process involves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13