MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTrade theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2014-10-12, 03:31 PM)whocky Wrote: [ -> ]question is though why is it only doing it on this theme and not any of the others. My only conclusion is that this is the only 1.8 theme i have so maybe it has something to do with the new theme layout.

Steve

It seems to be doing it on nearly all themes even the default for some people.
Yeah, it's weird because on some themes from iAndrew the same happens... idk why.
Thanks envy! i have another question, if i wanna change the text logo to another text logo i mean from MyTrade to myforum logo, how do i do it? i changed to <div class="logo"><i class="fa fa-comments fa-lg"></i> {$lang->xstyled_mytrade43424}</div>

and it seems to break the skin, i mean the text logo wont show it.
That's because now the themes have a custom plugin to display the text of custom vars. You can edit all the text on the vars_envy.lang.php file.

You have a .txt file with the instructions of how to install and translate the vars on the .zip file ^^.

(2014-10-12, 04:33 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-12, 03:31 PM)whocky Wrote: [ -> ]question is though why is it only doing it on this theme and not any of the others. My only conclusion is that this is the only 1.8 theme i have so maybe it has something to do with the new theme layout.

Steve

It seems to be doing it on nearly all themes even the default for some people.

Yes, I think 2 or 3 plugins related to security or spam related things do that.
(2014-10-12, 06:18 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]That's because now the themes have a custom plugin to display the text of custom vars. You can edit all the text on the vars_envy.lang.php file.

You have a .txt file with the instructions of how to install and translate the vars on the .zip file ^^.

Wow! you right, i never saw the language, only the plugin xD.
And you right i easily can edit the language from english to swedish but i i wont cuz i want a english forum Toungue
I really like this theme, good job !  Smile

But I've one question: How do I change the logo for the categories ?

I mean this one:
[Image: 2z4y8ok.png]
That's FontAwesome Icons, you need to open the file which contains all the logos and change it.

Go to images > mytrade > font-awesome > css > open font-awesome.css

Here you will see a list of icons in this way:

.fa-search:before {
  content: "\f002";
}

If you notice, "f002" it's the content, also known as "the icon itself".

Knowing this, you now can search the icon on the FontAwesome Icons website, and after going to the font-awesome.css file and search by the name of the icon the content, like I do before with the "search" icon.

Now that you have your icon content, go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Styles > MyTrade > global.css

There, search:

.forum_on {
	color: #5d7aa2;
}

.forum_offlock i:before {
	content: "\f023";
}

.forum_offlink i:before {
	content: "\f0c1";
}

As you see, you have the three icons there (On, Off and Offlock), the only thing you need to do there is change the actual icon content with the new icon content you want, and that's all =).
Really good theme you have here. Thanks for making it free Smile

I made a site using wordpress <- snip -> I might switch to mybb and use this theme
(2014-10-12, 07:11 PM)xXTansXx Wrote: [ -> ]Really good theme you have here. Thanks for making it free Smile

Thanks! Glad you like it ^^
Thanks for that quick reply but I'm not really interested by FontAwesome Icons..  Blush Is there another way to change these icons by something else than FontAwesome Icons ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17