MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vienna 1.8.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(2015-02-03, 01:34 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm digging this theme as well, it's pretty clean and looks good out of the box so it's just a matter of doing small tweaks to get it further customized to your liking.

Thanks, I just updated it yesterday with a few new edits, color changes.

(2015-02-03, 02:33 AM)Hungry Predator Wrote: [ -> ]been playing around with ur skin Smile its great to work with don't know why but in internet explorer part of welcome message is black when its clearly white in css

seems to only be internet explorer

I won't support IE. what IE version is that happening in anyway?
seems to be the latest version 10 or something
Go to header_welcomeblock_guest

<font color="white">{$lang->welcome_login}</font></a> 
<span class="welcome smalltext"><font color="white">Existing user?</font>

Before it said #fff for font color.

I tried that and it worked for me, as I don't use IE regularly so didn't notice that issue but when you mentioned, checked it, and after doing that fix, seems to work on IE on my end at least.

You'll need to swap out #fff for white for the _member template too. There are 3 edits for that I believe as the 3rd one is for the PM icon.
Is there a way to apply a background image without messing with the header nav links? Right now, I know that the nav link image is part of the background image.

[Image: kNJ9kfE.png]

This is a poor drawing.

The face in the middle is what I am planning to have on my background, and I want it to be centered the web on every possible definition.
Use a div and assign it a centered image?
(2015-02-05, 08:52 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Use a div and assign it a centered image?

Yeah, but where would I put the div? You probably have no idea what I am talking about still because it is hard to explain.
(2015-02-05, 09:01 AM)nollidnosnhoj Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but where would I put the div? You probably have no idea what I am talking about still because it is hard to explain.

Check this iGame theme (also made by iAndrew) which has the exact implementation that you asked for, i.e. background picture with a transparent container.

But you would need to change the CSS & the respective templates to achieve that.
(2015-02-05, 09:40 AM)ThePanda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-05, 09:01 AM)nollidnosnhoj Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but where would I put the div? You probably have no idea what I am talking about still because it is hard to explain.

Check this iGame theme (also made by iAndrew) which has the exact implementation that you asked for, i.e. background picture with a transparent container.

But you would need to change the CSS & the respective templates to achieve that.

Not what I was asking for. Already knew how to do that. Basically, I am asking how to make the navigation bar have it's own image, instead of using the body background image.
Just assign an image to the menu class in extra.css and remove the image from the body in global.css

For the centered header image use something like this

Place this above the mbox class in your header template

<div class="headerimage"></div>

Place this in global.css

#headerimage {
  	background-image: url(images/vienna/headerimage.jpg);
        background-repeat:no-repeat;
	margin: auto auto;
}

[ltr]How to remove this as shown in the picture? I don't want to have Google +[/ltr]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35