MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Logout! Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Greetings,

I just upgraded to 1.2.8 from 1.2. 7 and have the following issues. I followed these instructions:

# You will see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from (MyBB Release Candidate 2, 3, or 4, Public Release 2, or 1.0.x/1.1.x). Be sure you select the currect version or the upgrade will not work correctly!
# Run the upgrade script, making sure you follow all instructions carefully.

At no time was I prompted to provide any input after running Upgrade.PHP.

I should add that all instructions were followed as found at:

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading

A version check now shows 1.2.8.

However, when I attempt to logout I receive the following:

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

When I then attempt to logout using the Logout button at the top menu, I receive the same message as above.

Any help greatly apprecatied. FWIW, Coppermine is integrated with the Board through Bridging.

I am unable to logout.

Thanks -

Lyman
Hi,

Had you edited any of the MyBB templates before you upgraded?

1.2.8 changed the logout links to contain a unique session identifier to prevent other users logging specific users out via a CSRF attack.

Please follow the instructions in the release announcement and use the "Find Updated" templates tool to identify any custom templates of yours which are not the latest version.

The templates outlined in the announcement as "Requires revert" means that you will have to revert your modifications to that template or update your template to contain the new working functionality. (perform a diff to see the changes)

Templates requiring a revert in MyBB 1.2.8 which may cause this problem are:
  • changeuserbox - Revert required
  • header_welcomeblock_member - Revert required
  • index_logoutlink - Revert required
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

1.2.8 changed the logout links to contain a unique session identifier to prevent other users logging specific users out via a CSRF attack.

Please follow the instructions in the release announcement and use the "Find Updated" templates tool to identify any custom templates of yours which are not the latest version.

The templates outlined in the announcement as "Requires revert" means that you will have to revert your modifications to that template or update your template to contain the new working functionality. (perform a diff to see the changes)

Thanks Chris. No, I did not make any changes to the Templates.

Lyman
Did you get it fixed?

Do you have a custom theme or something installed which may have them customised?
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

Chris,

This was the result:

There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded.

And that's where it is at right now. I need to get this resolved asap as I will be off the radar for the remainder of the day.

Lyman
Chris Boulton Wrote:Did you get it fixed?

Do you have a custom theme or something installed which may have them customised?
No changes to Template(s), no custom themes. Just the Default.

Lyman
I just reverted all of my custom templates and deactivated my plugins. Activated them again and the message has gone.
goombastic Wrote:I just reverted all of my custom templates and deactivated my plugins. Activated them again and the message has gone.

Thanks! I have no custom templates and no active plugins. I'm waiting to hear back from Chris a message about the install directory not being locked and either lock it or delete it. I just wanted some clarification on that.

Thanks,

Lyman
You may delete the install folder if you wish.
Hi I get this message when I try to log out

Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

I have only changed the logo on my site and left the file name of the logo the same.

I also get the same error when I try to log out of this forum (just checked again and now I can sign out of this forum)

I deleated my cookies on my pc to see if that was the problem but same issue once I loged back in.

I also get it on 2 different builds of PC

regards

Edd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10