MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change hosts successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
ohhh nice analogy....thanks so like the files contain the information for what to do, but the MySQL has the stored data from different user, etc.!
Ramy Wrote:ohhh nice analogy....thanks so like the files contain the information for what to do, but the MySQL has the stored data from different user, etc.!
I think you've understood. Smile
But just for the sakes of my example, the body is told what to do by the brain. The body (files) only enables the whole human (MyBB) to undertake the actions asked by the brain (database). As with humans. Toungue

Thank you for the compliment on my analogy. Big Grin
haha yea no problem it was a good analogy!
I have huge problem. I did everything what you said. But take a look. http://charmed-mysteria.net/mybb/index.php

Weird.Wink

I tried to upload database again even files. But still it shows this. Sad
ok i am having trouble with phpmyadmin, i got to import and it says Import has been successfully finished, 0 queries executed.

but no tables appear and when i go to the url http://www.ourlordschat.com/forum i get this:
MySQL error: 1146
Table 'chat00_chat.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

i done everything you said.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve
Anyone?
Did you change the databases in the config.php file?
Because I just changed hosts on one of my sites this morning(no joke), and I got a similar error because I didn't change the databases in config.php.
yeah i did and checked again but thanks
Try creating a whole new database, and then re-importing the backup file. See if that works.
Still wont work.

thanks
I know this sounds weird but it is as if nothing downloads in the back up db even though there is a visable file that i save.
Keep in mind this is not a support thread, please create a support thread in the General Support forum.
This is only intended to be a guide for changing hosts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14