MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change hosts successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Hey thanks for the guide,but It keeps giving me this error - SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table mybb_adminoptions -- INSERT INTO mybb_adminoptions (uid, cpstyle, codepress, notes, permissions, defaultviews) VALUES (0, '', 1, '', 'a:7:{s:6:"config";a:18:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:8:"settings";s:1:"0";s:7:"banning";s:1:"0";s:14:"profile_fields";s:1:"0";s:7:"smilies";s:1:"0";s:8:"badwords";s:1:"0";s:6:"mycode";s:1:"0";s:9:"languages";s:1:"0";s:10:"post_icons";s:1:"0";s:14:"help_documents";s:1:"0";s:7:"plugins";s:1:"0";s:16:"attachment_types";s:1:"0";s:9:"mod_tools";s:1:"0";s:7:"spiders";s:1:"0";s:9:"calendars";s:1:"0";s:7:"warning";s:1:"0";s:8:"rss2post";i:0;s:11:"autoexpunge";i:0;}s:5:"forum";a:6:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:10:"management";s:1:"0";s:13:"announcements";s:1:"0";s:16:"moderation_queue";s:1:"0";s:11:"attachments";s:1:"0";s:7:"akismet";i:0;}s:5:"style";a:3:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:6:"themes";s:1:"0";s:9:"templates";s:1:"0";}s:5:"tools";a:16:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"0";s:13:"system_health";s:1:"0";s:5:"cache";s:1:"0";s:5:"tasks";s:1:"0";s:8:"backupd[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1
Hmmm there seem to be an error. ive done everything the giude told me to. and everything is fine.
but all links take me to the old site! i did log into the admin CP. and there, each link i press, they ask me to relog in. ive done that. until i was able to reach the general config page. there, i changed the links and pressed save. it asked to to relog in (as usual) and then it went back to the same page general config page with the links unchanged Confused
Help?

also, you should post the details of the things we should change the links for. that would help make the guide easier.

thank you.
Wow man! THANKS A BUNCH!
Nice tutorial but today most quality hosts offer free transfers but this tutorial is still useful I guess Toungue.
Hi,
I have questions here:
1. When we create an empty MySQL database, must it have the same information as the old ones (such as database name, user, pw etc)?
2. If I dont change the domain name, do I have to change the config.php too?
Did I do something wrong? I followed all the steps correctly, I even double checked, but something went wrong. Click this and then click the banner. It'll take you back to the original forums we had before the change. What did I do wrong?
(2008-01-22, 11:49 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]Question:
When I click any forum link it takes me to the old host???
Answer:
rh1n0 Wrote:If you type in your new domain address followed by /admin then you will be directed to the new Admin CP.
Then change (in your settings) the board URL to the new URL, and the other options of a similar nature, obviously.

Before doing so, ensure all files are correctly CHMOD'ed. Smile
I did. I changed everything. And also, when I try to do something in the ACP, it logs me out, and I have to log back in.
Ok, I got rid of the ACP problem, but the banner problem is still there. I don't know what to do.
Never mind, I fixed it.
I changed my hosts..But when i try to change something..I have to login to the Admin CP each and evrytime !
(2010-04-08, 08:54 AM)5416339 Wrote: [ -> ]I changed my hosts..But when i try to change something..I have to login to the Admin CP each and evrytime !
You've gotta change the cookie settings in inc/settings.php.

$settings['bburl'] = "http://yourdomain.com";
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".yourdomain.com";
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14