MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change hosts successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Ugh, I told you what to do about this twice in your other thread, it's a bug in 1.4.4, read this and use the file linked to inside it: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42815.html
good work
thanks
thanks for this man.. i will try to follow this guide Smile
after forum files migrating.. what would be happen to our hold host?..
we can still use the old one ? or not..
it can be done with Plain Text instead GZIP?
had problems with Gzip so I saved it as Text and it worked.

also, you might want to add that you should also edit the settings.php file from the inc folder.
Line 32 $settings['bburl'] = "http://yournewhost.com";
Line 41 $settings['cookiedomain'] = ".yournewhost.com";

if you don't, it'll keep bringing you back to the ACP login screen whenever you try to change a setting. After you upload the new settings.php file, you'll be able to change the cookie settings, your new url, and everything else in general config.
When I try to upload my database to the new one. It will only upload 36 of the tables before it timesout. How can I upload them all without this happening?
Thanks so much worked great!
cheers!
strawberry diamond.
(2010-01-07, 10:58 PM)Gothic Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to upload my database to the new one. It will only upload 36 of the tables before it timesout. How can I upload them all without this happening?
Slow internet connection?
(2010-01-07, 10:58 PM)Gothic Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to upload my database to the new one. It will only upload 36 of the tables before it timesout. How can I upload them all without this happening?

Upload table by table.
Can someone let me know if there are any dangers in moving from cpanel to Plesk, and also in going back a couple of sub-versions of PHP? I've gone from 5.2.11 to 5.1.6 and my site seems ok, but there's something I'm not too sure on.

I can't close/enable the board at all in the configuration - it says its closed but the forum doesn't do it. Everything else is working fine, except Board Offline / Online.

I originally moved hosts with the board closed, but couldn't enable it again, so I've moved it again 'open' and now I can't close it!?!?

FYI, if the DNS hasn't filtered through then you'll see a holding page.

FIXED!!! How embarrassing Blush I hadn't CHMOD 777 the config file etc.

And I thought I'd done so well today as well...

But if someone could still shed light on the PHP version that would be great.
Cool guide, thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14