MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change hosts successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2008-01-22, 11:49 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]Step 3

Go into your new hosting control panel and find out how to get into phpmyadmin. Once you are in phpmyadmin click on your database name on the left. Once you click on the database you will have access to all of the database tables. Now look at the top on the right for the tab that says "SQL". Now look down to where it has a browse button and says "Or Location of the text file:". Click on the browse file to find the Database Backup you downloaded on your old forums. Then click the "GO" button, once its done it will have inserted all of the database a

Is there something missing on the end? I wouldn't like to attempt this if an important step has been omitted because the text was truncated on a cut-and-paste operation....
thankyou for this thread. Been dreading doing a forum move but this thread made me see how staright forward it really is & now my forum is all moved & working Smile
Uh, I keep getting MySQL errors after I moved my forums.

They are:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
wow amazing guide , i never thought of this before
when I try to import the new db with phpmyadmin, it leaves me the following error...

Quote:CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog (
uid int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
dateline bigint( 30 ) NOT NULL default '0',
scriptname varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
action varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
querystring varchar( 150 ) NOT NULL default '',
ipaddress varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
KEY scriptname ( scriptname , action )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1;

MySQL ha dicho: Documentación
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '---------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog (
uid ' at line 1

I use mybb 1.2.2 in a server with php 5.2.5 and MySQL 4.1.22
and I want to transfer it to a server with php 5.2.5 and mysql 5.0.67-community
i do not see config in the settings.php
I am also getting adminlog already exists.
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../.../public_html/admin/inc/class_form.php:1677) - Line: 99 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.2.8 (Linux)

I'm getting that message , what can I do ?
thanks i bookmarked this page
Tried a few things and still not working. Done everything that wa said but none of my members posts are showing. All the positions are there, such are the name of the user who started and so forth but the actual individual typed replies don't show.

along with is I have the same error on each topic page consisting of:

Warning [2] preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 8 - Line: 406 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 5.2.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 406 preg_replace
/inc/class_parser.php 137 postParser->parse_smilies
/inc/functions_post.php 529 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 799 build_postbit

any ideas?

-----------------------------------------------------------

also just trying to post. same error, the thread is there, but what I typed not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14