MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLUGINS FOR MONEY !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
dared Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:WOAH...Looks like we have a bug in the system. Says last post by MYBBhost on the forum page but here it shows an1mal as the last post.
i think its an annoprove post.
dared is right. I unapproved a post from this thread because it was not posted in English and therefore didn't add anything to the thread.
rh1n0 Wrote:
dared Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:WOAH...Looks like we have a bug in the system. Says last post by MYBBhost on the forum page but here it shows an1mal as the last post.
i think its an annoprove post.
dared is right. I unapproved a post from this thread because it was not posted in English and therefore didn't add anything to the thread.

Ahh. Thanks. Big Grin

Is it possible though to make it so the nic wont show to all normal users ( not including staff/admins ) when the post is waiting for approval and or not approved?

Thanks.
labrocca Wrote:Name exactly one plugin I have that mybb users can't live without? My plugins are an option...a choice. I respect anyone's decision not to use my plugins nor do I force anyone to pay me. Those that do want to subscribe I simply embrace with open arms. Those that don't get a handshake and a good-bye.
Ajax lightbox =P
HarryWx Wrote:Sorry but you shouldnt get a free ride either.

Nor should I be penalized for my decision. The mybb release area has no stipulations on what type of license releases are required to be.

Again..you're expressing sour grapes.

Well..pretty much done with this thread. Isn't much left to say. I spent a good part of the day today discussing this. I don't see a need to waste more time on this.

The input here was great. I appreciated a lot of the comments even if they were against what I have done.

Thanks.
May I ask what's wrong with Labrocca asking people to pay for his plugins? It's his work, and it's his choice. He could not release them at all. Him charging for his plugins and themes is his decision, as it is his work. It's no different than anyone else charging for something they spent their time making.

If you want his for free, then code an equivalent yourself. There's plenty of great resources to learn from.
an1mal Wrote:And the support part of paid, hope this includes all but your home phone No. if I had a problem Toungue

Actually when you pay via Paypal it does list a contact number (whether or not it is his home number I don't know since it is business Paypal account). LoL
Yes that is my home number.
Wow there really are some people giving Jesse a hard time in this thread.

Jesse works very hard on his plugins and equally as hard on the support he gives for them, if Jesse has decided that he wants to charge a small subscription fee for all his hard work then that is his right to do so.

Is it peoples right to expect him to do all that work for free? No it isn't period.

I personally would have no problem in paying such a small fee to use Jesse's plugins, especially as I know it would cost a damn site more to commission a developer to do plugins for me.

I work in the computer/tech field and I charge £41 (US $81) per hour and here people are complaining about paying a very small yearly subscription
I'm all for mod/plug in creators to want to charge for their work, but one suggestion could be like many software programs out there that offer free (limited uses) programs, and also offer a "paid" program that has many more features.
Keith W Wrote:Wow there really are some people giving Jesse a hard time in this thread.

Jesse works very hard on his plugins and equally as hard on the support he gives for them, if Jesse has decided that he wants to charge a small subscription fee for all his hard work then that is his right to do so.

Is it peoples right to expect him to do all that work for free? No it isn't period.

I personally would have no problem in paying such a small fee to use Jesse's plugins, especially as I know it would cost a damn site more to commission a developer to do plugins for me.

I work in the computer/tech field and I charge £41 (US $81) per hour and here people are complaining about paying a very small yearly subscription

Did ANYONE say he didnt work hard on his plugins? NO! Did anyone say he didnt have a right to charge? NO. So get off of laying the guilt trip on people here just so they buy his plugins. Trust me none of you all are helping him out here by doing that to people who are dissagreeing with this.

Perhaps he should think about doing the same for a living instead of targetting people on a FREE site to supplement his income. Wink I just love how all of his buds like yourself continue to pour out of the woodwork. You believe so much in his work then give him a job doing it for a living. Hows that? Put your money where your mouth is. Oh and trust me all the rest who have released their stuff have been appreciated as well and a number have even gotten job's out of it. THATS the way it SHOULD be on a FREE site. You all do your thing and us users show it off to the world for you guys and in return you all get noticed and perhaps job's or whatever else. Need extra income to keep your sites going then do as a few others have suggested. has worked well for alot of other modification sites thats been around for a good number of years. I for one surely dont mind helping out in a pinch. IF it is for a good cause LIKE THIS IS then i'll be first in line if i have the means. A number of other sites have managed just fine and dont expect $$$ as a thank you. Funny how none of them have a issue with it.

It always starts out the same way. Hey pay me a few dollars to help my site. Before you know it we all end up with another Invision Power/IPB. No thanks. The skinning community etc has virtually been destroyed by all the greed seen over there. I dont wanna see the same happen here. Why too i am not in favor of this. yeah i have been down this road before and dont care to travel back down it if i can help it. It is no wonder why those like phpbb thrive. Them people atleast have NOT forgotten what it is all SUPPOSED to be about.

Again he is FREE to do as he likes. Do as you please just dont expect me or anyone lese here to agree with it or sit by and say nothing when guilt trips are put on us to support this crap.

Quote:Posted by labrocca - Today 07:04 PM

Nor should I be penalized for my decision. The mybb release area has no stipulations on what type of license releases are required to be.

Again..you're expressing sour grapes.

Well..pretty much done with this thread. Isn't much left to say. I spent a good part of the day today discussing this. I don't see a need to waste more time on this.

The input here was great. I appreciated a lot of the comments even if they were against what I have done.

Thanks.

Sour grapes huh? I guess you didnt see the part where i said i have NEVER used your plugins. I am losing nothing here. But you go on thinking otherwise ole mighty one. Unfortunatly for you your not getting the free ride you thought you would get and thus why you have had to call all of your friends over to help out and i will continue making sure you dont either. I owe you NOTHING. I didnt promote mybb for clowns like you to take advantage of it which is exactly what your trying to do here. Why again you keep having your friends come to your defense and why you wont drop it. But thats ok because i will keep coming back as long as you do to make sure you dont get over on anyone else here. Now you wanna change that attitude a little i will do the same in return. ALL i see right now is someone who is seing $$$$ signs and nothing else who wants everything his way and will go at any length to get it.

AGAIN it is about being a FREE SITE. Thus the issue with paid for plugins on the site here. It is not at the benifit of mybb as it is YOU who is making the $$$ off of them NOT mybb. It is supposed to be about helping MYBB and the community HERE not your pockets. Thats what sig lines and the advertising forum is for and thus your paid plugins dont belong on this site. As said i am not promoting mybb for people like you. So no i for one dont wanna see them here. I'll ofcourse go with whatever the teams here decides. Again i dont see how it is benifitting any of them/mybb.

Again anyone wants to ask for a little money for a plugin or even a theme thats cool. heck i will anti up if i can use it and am able to. Just dont go trying it via the method labrocca has taken. [/quote]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11