MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLUGINS FOR MONEY !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
labrocca Wrote:My words...

Quote:It really does make me realize that all the time I spent helping a LOT of people many were just ungrateful and unappreciative. I know that the mybb central subscribers will get A+ support from me. I would rather help 100 people in a year all paying $5 each than 500 people most of which just want my free services.

SOME people DON'T appreciate free help. For you to deny it is BS. Example..yesterday the guy I helped with fixing a problem..he didn't even say thanks once I fixed the issue. The issue wasn't even related to my plugin. The guy just didn't chmod his settings.php and I had to spend 30 minutes inside his admincp before I figured that out. Did he say thanks? Nope..yeah in the back of his mind he might have been grateful..but not to me. He was just grateful his site was fixed not that I helped him. He just wanted help and nothing more. Many want to take but are unwilling to give ANYTHING. Heck there was people here bitching when I asked for 2 posts before downloads. TWO POSTS and that was too much!!! Certain people just don't appreciate others. It's not everyone. However...$5 seperates the cream from the junk. It buys me a latte at Starbucks. If you can't buy me a coffee one day a year you aren't my friend and don't deserve my help.

Not everyone is like that guy and or those bitching about 2 posts though. Yes i know there is a few who are very ungratefull but some who may not say thank you to you but may say thank you in others ways such as dropping your name to other people ( their friends ) saying what a great help you were to them. I see it all the time. In either case i dont see you getting to far. Not with your attitude. You seem to have this attitude that the world owes you something. In either case i am not sure of what is going on but whatever it may be your attitude here stinks and i seriously doubt your doing yourself any favors. Not sure of who or what Junk was referred too but in either case i am pretty sure not too many are gonna look at you too kindly after those remarks either. You may wanna take a break and rethink things a little. I understand you wanting to make a extra buck but again your going about it wrong. IMO

So as said I see nothing wrong with trying to make a extra buck either. Just dont think that because some dont wanna pay for it they are ungratefull either. Wink
I had to stop reading this thread about half way through cause it got repetitive. If you people don't want to pay for plugins, then DON'T. Just use MYBB as it is, which is a perfectly fine script. But if you want it more customized or want to make money, then you just might have to be willing to fork out a few bucks to make it better. Again, if you don't want to or can't, that's your choice. Stop whining when someone else can do what you can't. That's what makes the world go around.

I think Labrocca decided to charge a subscription since he had just completed his IPN Paypal plugin, which could conceivably make users money on their forum. If you make money, you should have to pay money. Would it be fair if he gave away that plugin so that all the people who got it for free could then go on and make money off it? The answer is simple: NO. I have paid the $4.99, which is a paltry sum. And I had that much money when I was a college student, so there really is no excuse. Besides, if you are a college student, you should be studying instead of wasting all your time on the internet. Toungue LOL
Quote:Just dont think that because some dont wanna pay for it they are ungratefull either.

But SOME don't ...SOME...that's not everyone.

Quote:Not everyone is like that guy and are those bitching about 2 posts though.

Right...that's why I emphasized SOME. I am well aware that many did show sufficient gratitude. Probably why I have released and supported my plugins for two years FREE.

Sorry if you think I have a poor attitude. I think it's you though with the bad attitude. Why do you feel that I owe the world something for free? My subscription is OPTIONAL...I don't force anyone into it.

Quote: I understand you wanting to make a extra buck but again your going about it wrong. IMO

Oh...how would you do it? Please keep in mind I didn't start this thread nor did I make any announcement here at Mybb that I am asking for money. I am not asking for pity money. I don't expect a lot of people to subscribe. Heck..in a way I really hope a lot of people don't. The more people that do join the more obligated I will be.

Quote:In either case i am not sure of what is going on but whatever it may be your attitude here stinks and i seriously doubt your doing yourself any favors.

As I said...those that sign up will ...those that don't ...don't. I am very lackadaisical about it. Not worried one bit. What's the worst that will happen? People won't use my plugins? Haha...nothing lost...nothing gained as the saying goes. Exactly what hold does anyone here have over me? Should I be worried that people won't like me? That's NEVER been my concern. I do what I feel comfortable with. I am VERY comfortable with what I have said and my decision.

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time.

Quote: Not sure of who or what Junk was referred too but in either case i am pretty sure not too many are gonna look at you too kindly after those remarks either.

And whose opinion do you think I care about here? Yours? Staff? I am not here to impress people or make friends. If I do make friends or impress people that's great but it's not my objective. If I help people it's because I genuinely enjoy it. When I stop enjoying helping people it's time to make a change. I am here however as a mybb user. I use mybb on all my forum sites and have greatly enjoyed the software. That's why I am here. I am on this site daily looking for any new plugins or ideas and I gladly help people too. It's almost a habit for me at this point. 2700+ posts and MOST of those are helping people. If you do have a low opinion of me over this that's an issue for yourself to deal with. It doesn't effect me.

Oh and btw...here is how "greedy" I am. I just noticed that mybbgames.com is down and he is selling the site content. I have already sent him an email to buy the site. Doubtful I would ever make my money back but it was good mybb information that I would hate to see lost forever.

Thanks Harry for the remarks. They are appreciated in the conversation.
labrocca Wrote:I am not here to impress people or make friends.
Yep... you are here to make a few bucks... Toungue
mybbromania Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:I am not here to impress people or make friends.
Yep... you are here to make a few bucks... Toungue

Nothing wrong with that =P Gonna do the same with my Rent-A-Coder project Wink And i voted 'yes'; but afterall i would try to make it myself. =P
Quote:Yep... you are here to make a few bucks...

Nope.

This is why I am here as I stated:
Quote:I am here however as a mybb user. I use mybb on all my forum sites and have greatly enjoyed the software.

Do you think I am here to make free plugins for you? Imagine if I expected that from you? How about this..unless you post 200 time at WebmasterForums.biz then you aren't a cool person. Sound kind of stupid don't it...expecting other people to be obligated to you. What makes you think I am suppose to do things for you for free?
labrocca Wrote:
Quote:Just dont think that because some dont wanna pay for it they are ungratefull either.

But SOME don't ...SOME...that's not everyone.

Quote:Not everyone is like that guy and are those bitching about 2 posts though.

Right...that's why I emphasized SOME. I am well aware that many did show sufficient gratitude. Probably why I have released and supported my plugins for two years FREE.

Sorry if you think I have a poor attitude. I think it's you though with the bad attitude. Why do you feel that I owe the world something for free? My subscription is OPTIONAL...I don't force anyone into it.

Quote: I understand you wanting to make a extra buck but again your going about it wrong. IMO

Oh...how would you do it? Please keep in mind I didn't start this thread nor did I make any announcement here at Mybb that I am asking for money. I am not asking for pity money. I don't expect a lot of people to subscribe. Heck..in a way I really hope a lot of people don't. The more people that do join the more obligated I will be.

Quote:In either case i am not sure of what is going on but whatever it may be your attitude here stinks and i seriously doubt your doing yourself any favors.

As I said...those that sign up will ...those that don't ...don't. I am very lackadaisical about it. Not worried one bit. What's the worst that will happen? People won't use my plugins? Haha...nothing lost...nothing gained as the saying goes. Exactly what hold does anyone here have over me? Should I be worried that people won't like me? That's NEVER been my concern. I do what I feel comfortable with. I am VERY comfortable with what I have said and my decision.

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time.

Quote: Not sure of who or what Junk was referred too but in either case i am pretty sure not too many are gonna look at you too kindly after those remarks either.

And whose opinion do you think I care about here? Yours? Staff? I am not here to impress people or make friends. If I do make friends or impress people that's great but it's not my objective. If I help people it's because I genuinely enjoy it. When I stop enjoying helping people it's time to make a change. I am here however as a mybb user. I use mybb on all my forum sites and have greatly enjoyed the software. That's why I am here. I am on this site daily looking for any new plugins or ideas and I gladly help people too. It's almost a habit for me at this point. 2700+ posts and MOST of those are helping people. If you do have a low opinion of me over this that's an issue for yourself to deal with. It doesn't effect me.

Oh and btw...here is how "greedy" I am. I just noticed that mybbgames.com is down and he is selling the site content. I have already sent him an email to buy the site. Doubtful I would ever make my money back but it was good mybb information that I would hate to see lost forever.

Thanks Harry for the remarks. They are appreciated in the conversation.

I DONT appreciate the post editing going on here at all. It NEEDS to stop unless your gonna fix my posts as well.

In either case your attitude started out rotten. I'll leave it at that. I am done discussing this till the editing stops. If you cant stick by what you say THEN DONT SAY IT! Oh and no i wont be using your plugins ever. Not after the editing work.
Quote: If you cant stick by what you say THEN DONT SAY IT! Oh and no i wont be using your plugins ever.

Editing work? What are you talking about? I only edited typos? I only quoted what you typed. So confused about what you are talking about. I only see one edited post by me (post 15) and that was to fix a typo. Are you talking about the quoting I do? I don't like it when people bulk quote...it's a waste of space and difficult to address statements.
Well, I can see this thread getting locked soon. It's amazing how such a simple topic brings out people's blood lust! It's an individual choice to use someone's plugins. I doubt you'll hurt anyone's feelings for not using them.
Labrocca... in your signature you promote own plugins (btw... for free) to members of this community.
So... in this way, you try to find new users to become a site subscriber.
And this is why i said before... you are here to make some bucks !

BTW...
labrocca Wrote:My plugins and themes have been downloaded more than 10,000 times.
Only "Shoutbox - 2.0.1" was downloaded over 10,000 times and "Board Message - 1.0.1" over 6,000 (both by Musicalmidget) Smile
Look here: http://mods.mybboard.net/stats/popular-downloads
But... it's a free plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11