MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLUGINS FOR MONEY !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
LoL, the greed has overcome labrocca! Coding really is a thankless job. *Shakes head*

For what it's worth I never knew who labrocca was before this thread, and I've found that I only use one of his plugins... but thanks to this thread I will be investing into many more. Big Grin
Your opinion is noted. However your opinion doesn't make policy here. I am breaking no rules. Call it what you will though. Doesn't matter. You can call me all types of names. Doesn't matter.

The only persons opinion that does matter here is Chris's and I am certainly willing to abide by his wishes. However you don't seem to care about anyones opinion but your own. I think I been fairly respectful this whole thread.

I won't even argue your points as you don't seem willing to listen to reason. You have an opinion. Your mind is made up. Heck..I can respect that too since I have also made up my mind.

Post all you want. Say whatever you want...go ahead. I think you are just helping me actually. More people signed up and asked me about subscription than any other day.

Thanks.
KuJoe Wrote:LoL, the greed has overcome labrocca! Coding really is a thankless job. *Shakes head*

Funny as i dont see this site needing the same to feel appreciated. Rolleyes
http://startrekguide.com/community/index...d999b110da

Again thanks for showing your true intentions here. All about the money. Nothing else.
Where did I mention money? LoL.
labrocca Wrote:Your opinion is noted. However your opinion doesn't make policy here. I am breaking no rules. Call it what you will though. Doesn't matter. You can call me all types of names. Doesn't matter.

The only persons opinion that does matter here is Chris's and I am certainly willing to abide by his wishes. However you don't seem to care about anyones opinion but your own. I think I been fairly respectful this whole thread.

I won't even argue your points as you don't seem willing to listen to reason. You have an opinion. Your mind is made up. Heck..I can respect that too since I have also made up my mind.

Post all you want. Say whatever you want...go ahead. I think you are just helping me actually. More people signed up and asked me about subscription than any other day.

Thanks.

WOW! Read my reply again. What the spin artist you are. I clearly said i will live with whatever mybb decides.

As far as those people go helping your cause i hope they realize what they are doing to mybb. I have a feeling though they dont. But you go ahead and keep taking advantage of it and keep bragging about it. WOW what a awesome guy you are.
I really did not want to close this thread, but it seems I had to.

Labrocca is free to release his plugins and/or themes for free or for paid... it's his decision as it's his code. You're free to be upset about it, but this fighting over it is just a waste of time. Some will be fine with paying for Labrocca's plugins, some won't - that's been established. But Labrocca doesn't have to change anything with what he's doing... he's not doing anything wrong. And it's not like all of the other plugins will suddenly go paid because Labrocca is charging $5/year for access to most of his plugins.

Closed.
Labrocca has asked me to follow up this thread in regards to the paid plugins/services as an official stance on it from the MyBB Group.

Our official stance is as Justin noted: Labrocca is free to release his modifications for free or paid, it's entirely his decision because they're his work. We have no problem with this.

Whilst we believe in MyBB being free software, not everything about MyBB needs to be free. Third party companies and people are free to offer whatever services they'd like to, and charge as much or as little as they'd like for them.

In regards to the supposed "advertising" of MyBB Central, it'd be unfair to remove MyBB Central from the listings, threads and discussions. We're here to promote fairness to all of those offering third party services for MyBB - paid or free.

If anyone else has any further questions, or wishes to raise any other issue regarding this with me, then please send me a private message.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11