MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLUGINS FOR MONEY !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
if some one wants to gain money from mods. he/she can share it on himself/herself board an puts some advertaisment s around it. respective users already click that ads. so he/she can gain money but forced for pay? its ridiculous. i will never pay for mods but i can click ads.

by the way we (i mean all mybb users) adding backlinks for some mod also. seo, crackertracker, overview, asoi e.t.c. think about it.
dared Wrote:if some one wants to gain money from mods. he/she can share it on himself/herself board an puts some advertaisment s around it. respective users already click that ads. so he/she can gain money but forced for pay? its ridiculous. i will never pay for mods but i can click ads.

by the way we (i mean all mybb users) adding backlinks for some mod also. seo, crackertracker, overview, asoi e.t.c. think about it.

+1
Labrocca,

Now I see how much do you want to make money with your plugins.
Anyway... this thread was opened just for one reason: me (a simple user) and maybe others like me, love MyBB because it's free! And YES... IT IS A PROTEST !
This is what make the difference between MyBB and other boards!
You have another point of view. So what !? Do you think are alone here !?
MyBB have only one coder ? NO!

New people will come and will make free versions.

Like xiaozhu said before:
Free board, but no free plugins.
A little ironic.

This is the start of end for MyBB or a new beginning ?

Was my last reply here!
dared Wrote:if some one wants to gain money from mods. he/she can share it on himself/herself board an puts some advertaisment s around it. respective users already click that ads. so he/she can gain money but forced for pay? its ridiculous. i will never pay for mods but i can click ads.

Exactly! A little thank you to them never hurts either..
Quote:If he has it his way everything here will be paid.

HAHA...what a funny thing to say.

Quote:Thus the rallying call of his friends to gain support for it.

HAHA...OMG...you managed to say something FUNNIER!

Quote:He ripped the whole community and then turns around and wants all plugins to be paid for se he can make a few extra bucks? I think not.

WOW...where do you get this from? You shouldn't just make stuff up.

Quote:I am pretty sure too that Chris will have no problems with him making his mod's paid for. Nor will any of the other staff have issues with it.

So your opinion is greater than Chris's or staff? How can you admit they won't have a problem with it and still with a straight face say it's wrong for me to do it?

Quote:But again shows how far he is willing to go to try and make it look ok.

Make it look ok? What? Either it is ok or it's not ok. And..yes...it does show how far I am willing to go to be fair. Do you have a problem with that?

Quote:Labrocca, maybe you should make it where lengthy plugins or plugin request require the $5/year fee and release minor plugins free of charge.. Just my 2 cents...

There is a BIG possibility I will do such a thing. Things do change but I have always tried to balance fairness. For a long time I didn't even have my downloads at the mods area and people were upset they had to signup at Mybb Central and post to get them. Eventually I did post a good selection of them there.

It's more than likely I will use WebmasterForums.biz as an alternative free site for my downloads. Already there are some good ones there. Mybb Central though is going to be a bit more serious in it's support and updates for plugins.

+1
NO! thanks .Big Grin
[rant]Since MyBB central became a payed service, shouldn't all the links to it in the plugins' topics in the mods forum be removed? it's considered advertising afterall.[/rant]

Just my 2 cents.
Mamoun Wrote:[rant]Since MyBB central became a payed service, shouldn't all the links to it in the plugins' topics in the mods forum be removed? it's considered advertising afterall.[/rant]

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed too

Or just add [Paid] to their Thread titles
I have made a total of $26.31 from my ads in 15 months...that's about $1.75 per month. Hardly compensation for my efforts. And to encourage ad clicking will get my adsense account banned. I don't do such things.

Quote:by the way we (i mean all mybb users) adding backlinks for some mod also. seo, crackertracker, overview, asoi e.t.c. think about it.

I hate to add backlinks...sorry but links on most of my sites are worth more than $5.

Quote:Now I see how much do you want to make money with your plugins.

Ugh...yeah...you have a knack for stating the obvious.

Quote:Exactly! A little thank you to them never hurts either.

That's what $5 is...a little thank you. It doesn't hurt you either.

In marketing there is something called a "target audience" and obviously some of you just don't fit that category for me. It doesn't hurt my feelings and it shouldn't hurt yours.

What I do at mybb central should NOT be confused with Mybb. Seems a bit of a misconception that somehow I am altering the Mybb project. I don't have any influence here. I am pretty sure that a few on the mybb staff don't even like me. I am not trying to win a popularity contest. I am not mincing words either. I am making it VERY clear that I intend to create some revenue. Unfortunately I deleted a thread started in 2007 about this subscription plugin. In it I clearly mention that I intended to charge for the plugin. Now I could have just charged $5 for the one plugin. However it seemed more appropriate to just charge a flat fee for access to ALL my downloads. Unfortunately for those that can't pay..this seems unfair. I do apologize for that...you are an unintended victim in this.

Personally I think some are jumping the gun on their criticism. You don't know how this will play out or what the future has in-store. I do like the idea of finding creative ways to obtain download access such as post count at webmasterforums.biz. Would that be too much to ask for as well though?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11