MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLUGINS FOR MONEY !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
KuJoe Wrote:I've always preferred paying for plugins (not donating however) since if something breaks or I find a bug, I have a reason to be disappointed if it's not fixed quickly. Labrocca seems to be taking this seriously and I am very happy to see that. The problem I see, is that $5 a year is not going to be enough though, but that's Labrocca's call and as long as it doesn't turn into $5 a month I'm all for it. Big Grin

I been making plugins and themes for about 2 years now...all for free. The $5 is just something to justify the time to myself so I don't feel guilty telling the wife I spent 3 days working on something and then just released it for free. Even if I get just 10-20 subscribers a month..that really does help justify the time.

Support is pretty much going to be emphasized whole-heartedly.
In your signature you have this:
labrocca Wrote:My plugins and themes have been downloaded more than 10,000 times.
OK. But why !? And when ?
Because all this plugins and themes was free !

//Edited:
labrocca Wrote:So are you more upset that you can't get my good plugins for free
I already have all your plugins, released until now.
Hey thanks for the discussion but you won't be changing the situation. I can't be persuaded to alter this. Would you rather I stop making plugins period? How about I stop releasing them at all and keep them for myself? Don't let your anger cloud your judgement about what other people do. If I want to charge for download privileges at my site that's my perogative.
OK. I will consider this discussion closed (for me) and I'm sorry if you are upset because I talking about "pay or not for plugins".
I wish you luck and I hope to make a lot of money with your plugins !
Maybe it's time to make my own (free) plugins.
Have a nice day!

Best regards.
Not upset at all really. It's understandable that some aren't going to react well about this.

I just ask that you consider all things.

I totally encourage you to create your own plugins.
labrocca Wrote:I totally encourage you to create your own plugins.

Thank's. I will do that.
And I think in this way many others "nobs" will make their own plugins.
It's necessary. Big Grin
I do not see why people are all upset about this labrocca has said this before i am sure with the plugin he is selling you make money off it so its not like your going to lose any thing.
Just to clarify something: it's not about a small fee or a big one, some members (like me), who are students for example, simply can't pay anything to anyone on the internet, not even 1 cent, so having a small fee won't help actually.
Das Tier Wrote:I do not see why people are all upset about this labrocca has said this before i am sure with the plugin he is selling you make money off it so its not like your going to lose any thing.

Ummm... what?
One last thing: why do you think MyBB it's so appreciated !?
Because is good and FREE ! This is no.1 reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11