MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.0 PR2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I only have the 3 options available before the upgrade:
  1. Instant Activation
  2. Send Email Verification
  3. Send Random Password
Any ideas?

Michael83 Wrote:Admin-CP -> Board Settings -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method -> Administrator Activation Wink
cyberguypr Wrote:I only have the 3 options available before the upgrade:
  1. Instant Activation
  2. Send Email Verification
  3. Send Random Password
Any ideas?

Michael83 Wrote:Admin-CP -> Board Settings -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method -> Administrator Activation Wink

Seems to give me all 4 options including Administrator Activation. I assume you've upgraded to pr2?
If you upgraded from RC4 to PR2, the additional option for Administrator Activation was not updated properly. You need to run this SQL code:

UPDATE mybb_settings SET optionscode='select
instant=Instant Activation
verify=Send Email Verification
randompass=Send Random Password
admin=Administrator Activation' WHERE name='regtype' LIMIT 1
This forum software seems to act a bit like ipb

Its like ipb in a mirror (ipb paid,mybb free)
Hmm...MyBB tends to be most like IPB and to an extent, vBulletin, which is kinda true, but if you really explore MyBB, you'll find that it has many different features to IPB.
Admin layout is similar
Layout has nothing todo with features.
Actually, just FYI, about the "settings" section arrangement in IPB 2, it wasn't there in 1.3, so technically, it came out first in MyBB Wink

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of saying that MyBB is copied from IPB, I'm just stating a point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14