MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Break after 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2009-08-02, 06:00 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-31, 07:49 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB Developers are likely to focus on developing the MyBB codebase officially, not something else.

That was my question, if thats the response i would suggest that this be closed.

Our policy is not to close threads unless it's getting out of control. Closing threads turns away constructive feedback and discussion.
Well as true as that is, i don't want to nag until i am blue in the face. And i'm sure nothing less than a huge donation will change your thoughts on it.
(2009-08-04, 03:12 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Well as true as that is, i don't want to nag until i am blue in the face. And i'm sure nothing less than a huge donation will change your thoughts on it.

Donations are purely for paying for the costs of the server and paying for things like security audits.
Look at BB thread in development
(2009-07-31, 10:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, we're going to make it worse on purpose.

This is the sort of versioning system used:
  • 1.x.x
    • 1.1.x
    • 1.2.x
    • 1.4.x
    • 1.6.x
  • 2.x.x
    • 2.0.x
    • 2.2.x
Major versions are increments of one, major revisions/sub-versions are increments of 2, and bugfix/security releases are increments of 1.
Why don't MyBB do the same as IPB and try to encourage community projects?

If groups decided to build important things, such as integration plugins and things like advanced mods. It would show that those creators here are serious about mybb and want to see the board grow.

Not much as changed since I had a break from Mybb.. I'd love this place to move forward Smile
MyBB doesn't stop these people from doing it though. It's just the developers aren't going to do them selves. They won't criticize someone for making a bridge. They are as neutral as can be in any modifications of MyBB.
I didn't say they did.

Though there's very little encouragement, maybe an some behind the scenes planning and I actually think some would work together to create more things.
If it's behind the scenes it means MyBB doing it Toungue.

Anyone is welcome to make a bridge. But, the MyBB development team as a whole I don't see taking an initiative in making it happen. So it's up the community to step just like it always has been.
Look at many other software, who make bridges themself. I was just saying, make some important ones.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14