MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Break after 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I'm the webmaster of a large MyBB too mate...

You say integrating MyBB is nearly impossible?
http://zaiendo.de

You say we do need custom CMS?
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-5...tpost.html

We could allready integrate MyBB with everything hell - we could integrate MyBB with Youtube if Google would allow it Big Grin
And if MyBB devs will make plugin making even easier with 2.0 - why stop them after 1.6?

There is a nice wiki by Stefan T (Dragon) by the way, it is 100% integrated into MyBB.

My basic BETA plugin does pull content and comments from wordpress and uses MyBB style m- what else would you like to have?
Login and registration? Can be done if someone is interested.
What else could we get from that?
Make some suggestions or requests - I'm always reading the plugin request forum and if I see something that is really needed I will do it if I'm able to.
And so will the others - Nickman and Jesse Labrocca, frostschutz, Tomm...

We have our plugin devs here Smile No need to stop working on a better MyBB.

Okay, i think I finally pointed out my opinion - long way and maybe I wrote too much.
Excuse me - it's late here. I'll stop now - see you tomorrow Smile
Wasn't aware you had a site outside of MyBB Addons, Lennart. Looks to be fairly successful. However, that integration isn't as elegant as what I am looking for. Again, it feels like detached limbs from the same body. Of course, the language barrier does not help.

Your CMS is also inelegant and is, again, not fully featured enough for what I want. Sorry if that upsets you, I'm sure it will be a good solution for a lot of people, but it isn't for me.

As for Wordpress integration, simply, pulling text and comments is not enough. If that was all I wanted, I would just use Wordpress itself. People want something that attaches Wordpress to MyBB seamlessly, not something that has the functional equivalent of RSS pulling.

I wasn't aware that Wiki plugin was completed. I'd been watching its progress for a while but hadn't seen any news about it.

I will probably make a request for a MyBB CMS soon. I am waiting on some other custom plugins now though, and I don't know if I can afford to commission another one ... and I imagine if someone was willing to do something like that for free, we'd have seen some progress on that front already.
I think you aren't very well informed... if people do the same request all over again and again instead of searching the plugins and things they need they'll certainly feel that there are not enough plugins arround.
I don't want to discuss the quality of anything nor do I want to discuss how many sites I do have - I just stated that it's very easy to make plugins and that the community has the power to fill requests when they come (If you do write exactly what you are looking for, what design it should have I'll be most likely able to do it.).

So again - no need for the devs to make plugins Smile
(2009-07-28, 11:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I think you aren't very well informed... if people do the same request all over again and again instead of searching the plugins and things they need they'll certainly feel that there are not enough plugins arround.
I don't want to discuss the quality of anything nor do I want to discuss how many sites I do have - I just stated that it's very easy to make plugins and that the community has the power to fill requests when they come (If you do write exactly what you are looking for, what design it should have I'll be most likely able to do it.).

LOL, I'm not very well informed because I don't find your solutions adequate? OK. The fact that you state, "it's very easy to make plugins," perhaps explains a lot about your plugins themselves.

There are lots of plugins that are needed that aren't being developed. I love MyBB, but the plugin situation is fairly dire; to deny it is to be naive. I'm not suggesting the MyBB Devs develop plugins, just acknowledging the situation.
(2009-07-28, 06:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-28, 11:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I think you aren't very well informed... if people do the same request all over again and again instead of searching the plugins and things they need they'll certainly feel that there are not enough plugins arround.

LOL, I'm not very well informed because I don't find your solutions adequate? OK. The fact that you state, "it's very easy to make plugins," perhaps explains a lot about your plugins themselves.

There are lots of plugins that are needed that aren't being developed. I love MyBB, but the plugin situation is fairly dire; to deny it is to be naive. I'm not suggesting the MyBB Devs develop plugins, just acknowledging the situation.

Something i have been saying for a while now and thus agree 100%.

Thing is getting people to come here who already do mod's/plugins/skins be it from phpbb/ipb/vb etc. Unsure how anyone can go about doing that though. Have a few suggestions but thats it. Such as this is where i do however think that maybe adding two teams to MYBB would help. Talking about a modification team and a Theme team. Also need more people to start working TOGETHER. IPB 3.0 was just released as all know and already they have a group of people getting together to help get out more skins for free etc. One of the people who do skins for IPB suggested it last week and well the response has been good and thus a number of people offering to help out. Perhaps the same thing could be done here as well?
Making another staff team doesn't solve the problem. It's not up to the staff to make plugins! They make the forum for the plugins and gave people who want a to modify the forum a great of doing. Honestly sometimes we just have to wait.

Many don't recognize mybb as a big forum yet. Why? idk, but well as soon as it gets the recognition it deserves I'm sure we will see many people come from other scripts.

And, stop comparing MyBB to other communities it doesn't fix the problem. IPB has been well established themeing and mod community for years. Not to mention they had the IPB3 beta and RC out there for awhile now.
There are lots of reasons that the public perception of MyBB isn't exactly great. I've tried to talk about it here before but I'm mostly met with hostility so I'm not going to bother getting into that again.
(2009-07-28, 09:01 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Making another staff team doesn't solve the problem. It's not up to the staff to make plugins! They make the forum for the plugins and gave people who want a to modify the forum a great of doing. Honestly sometimes we just have to wait.

Many don't recognize mybb as a big forum yet. Why? idk, but well as soon as it gets the recognition it deserves I'm sure we will see many people come from other scripts.

And, stop comparing MyBB to other communities it doesn't fix the problem. IPB has been well established themeing and mod community for years. Not to mention they had the IPB3 beta and RC out there for awhile now.

WOAH.. Slow down there bucko. I wasnt COMPLAINING AT ALL. WTF?

I was making SUGGESTIONS. What part of sugestions dont you understand?

Point is having a team such as those as seen on PHPBB could help increase intrest in the project. I NEVER said that they would or should have to do plugins.

Loose the freaking attitude.
EVERYONE:
[Image: chillpill.jpg]

Okay, what everyone's trying to get at is we need to work together as a community, make more/better plugins and themes for MyBB and increase it's popularity, because we have competition. Now, stop comparing and let's figure out the best solution.

It always ends in yelling Sad
(2009-07-28, 09:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]There are lots of reasons that the public perception of MyBB isn't exactly great. I've tried to talk about it here before but I'm mostly met with hostility so I'm not going to bother getting into that again.

And it is totally wrong. You shouldnt have to keep quiet. Heck if i will. This too is probably what sends people looking elsewhere as well.
(2009-07-28, 09:11 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]EVERYONE:
[Image: chillpill.jpg]

Okay, what everyone's trying to get at is we need to work together as a community, make more/better plugins and themes for MyBB and increase it's popularity, because we have competition. Now, stop comparing and let's figure out the best solution.

It always ends in yelling Sad

All was and STILL is fine. Smile NetSage needs to lose the attitude all was fine till he barged in with his crap. If he cant handle suggestions then i suggest he not read these kinds of threads and stay out of them because as said it is probably why people turn around and leave. Who wants to deal with that?

Outside of that i agree 100% about all working together. Smile Again though a few need to lose the attitudes to start.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14