MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Break after 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
putting in my 2c -- like it matters --

mybb is growing ... not as fast as people like ..but it is ....
the reason --
(2009-07-15, 06:27 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]But personally i find one of the reasons MyBB isn't growing, is because the lack of plugins and integration. [span color=red]Themes added to this* [/span]
to many users look also matters with functionality and lets face it phpbb vb even smf has a wider range of themes and plugins. I do not believe that this is caused by no user participation but by a lack of documentation. There are select few who know a lot about mybb thus make out plugins etc but many who would like to learn but die due to lack of support (from here) ^^ non mybb support related but plugin creation ^^
(2009-07-15, 06:27 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]So i suggest, after 1.6 is somewhat stable (like after most of the bug fixes etc)
The team so work on some plugins and integrations. Not support, but make it. Because once someone makes it, someone can take up the part of fixing it.
why not now ...seperate a core team to work on 1.6 (since its not a major rewrite) and another to make plugins etc.In other words
Support team --- supports
Developers --- "develop" ...do not support that is what support team is here to do
as soon as mybb 1.4 came out 1.6 im sure is underway...2.0 talks 2 years away ...nothing concrete yet but it is looming ...
why not enhance what you have instead of pumping out more releases
(2009-07-15, 10:22 PM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]What you have to keep in mind is that 2.0 will take quite a bit more work than 1.4 or 1.6 - if we have a break to make plugins people may get discouraged if they do not see a release for a long period of time.
huh? why just because 1.6 may be delayed another year
/*start sarcasm
and they have to put up with this dreadful bloated unbearable mybb 1.4 which could be enhanced with a lot more if the dev team put their brilliant mind to it version of mybb
sarcasm*/

yeah i for one would be devestated
Do NOT, what ever you do, turn MyBB into as hard a package to mod as phpBB with 2.0. PLEASE.
(2009-07-18, 08:59 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Do NOT, what ever you do, turn MyBB into as hard a package to mod as phpBB with 2.0. PLEASE.

Umm why would that make things harder with a new version? I don't know about you but most developers look to make things easier Toungue.
(2009-07-19, 06:04 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-18, 08:59 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Do NOT, what ever you do, turn MyBB into as hard a package to mod as phpBB with 2.0. PLEASE.
Umm why would that make things harder with a new version? I don't know about you but most developers look to make things easier.
Exactly. We aim to move forwards and add functionality, not necessarily remove functionality. Smile
So back on topic. Can more people vote and voice their opinions?
I didn't know there was a poll Toungue.
LOL also to clarify, all i'm saying is get a few major integrations then to whatever 2.0 or a real break or something. Like wordpress drupal etc/
It's not up to the staff to do integration though. Their only worry is and should be mybb.
I know this, but i see many people not only requesting it but leaving because of the lack of them.
It doesn't change the fact that it's not up to the MyBB developers to do it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14