MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Public Plugin Fund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
So, I was tinkering around with this idea in my head and I thought maybe I'd share it with everyone here and see what they think.

There are lots of plugins that MyBB users want to see that don't exist yet, and there are developers who don't want to spend hours tolling away for nothing. So I thought ...

What if a group of MyBB users got together and formed a pool of money? Plugin developers could propose their plugin ideas -- or accept requests -- and people who had contributed to the plugin fund would vote on which plugins they would like to see developed and how much would be a reasonable amount to allocate.

I am personally willing to pledge $100 to this fund if enough people want to get involved that we can raise another $400. In my opinion, this is better than a donation to MyBB's server costs; it's an actual investment in the future of MyBB.
Interestingly enough I've also been thinking about such an idea. Just wasn't sure how to go about it Toungue.

Although I was thinking CMS integrations. Such Drupal so we can maybe steal some of their developers too Toungue. Plus MyBB really lacks in the integration department.

I'd be willing to put money towards this but how much idk. Anywhere between 20 and 100 depending on what projects are up Wink.

Side note: I think it's still a good idea to donate to mybb Toungue.
Yes, I am definitely thinking a CMS would be high on the list of things that needs to be done Big Grin
Are you talking bridge or plugin? or both!?
Google also does funding for Open Source projects every year:

http://code.google.com/soc/
You could always just give me all your money, and I'd do it.

Shy
(2009-08-01, 09:20 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Google also does funding for Open Source projects every year:

http://code.google.com/soc/

I see google maybe giving money to mybb but I doubt they'll help us fund plugins Toungue.
They don't give money to a project, they give money to students who develop some really cool thing for a project. I just wanted to mention it, but you're right, for MyBB it's probably impossible. Wink
hmm, We have some students I'm sure Toungue.
(2009-08-01, 09:21 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You could always just give me all your money, and I'd do it.

Shy

I'm not sure I'd mind this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8