MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fassim Anti Forum Spam - updated v1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
PLEASE COPY YOUR API KEY BEFORE UPDATING

Fassim Stop Forum Spam Plugin
UPDATED: Version: 1.3

The plug in will block known spammers/bots from registering via IP, email address, anonymous proxy, top email domains, top ISP - (Internet Service Provider) spammers. Also, allows you to allow or block countries via country code and region's.

**(We are not saying it will block all proxies, just the ones we know about, which is a lot. To know about every proxy would be an impossible task.)

We ONLY get our data from forums that run our plug in.

If the new registering member is determined to be a bot or spammer, they will receive a message telling them so.

Install:
Put fassim.php in your plugins directory and click install in the Admin CP.

Upgrading:
Be sure to copy your API Key in the settings, click Deactivate, then Activate, paste your key and Save.

Plug in Link:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/fassim-anitspam

Download:
http://www.fassim.com/plug-ins/
Approved Smile
Its nice to see more anti spam mods are being made.
(2010-10-07, 12:58 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]Its nice to see more anti spam mods are being made.

Hey thanks. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Can you block states? I want to block the whole state of OREGON from one of my sites..lol
(2010-10-09, 02:18 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]Can you block states? I want to block the whole state of OREGON from one of my sites..lol

Haha yeah I can do that. Anyone else find blocking states would be useful?
good job bro Smile
thanks for this Smile
How long do we need to wait for our API keys? Is it a manual thing or should it be automatic, I have not had any email yet.
(2010-10-22, 11:40 AM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]How long do we need to wait for our API keys? Is it a manual thing or should it be automatic, I have not had any email yet.

Its manual, I've just sent you your key.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13