MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fassim Anti Forum Spam - updated v1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@Lu5ck : If there are enough users that want it, I'll update it.

@Dr_The_One : PM your website address and email address.
(2015-02-09, 03:43 PM)kmoneil Wrote: [ -> ]@Lu5ck  : If there are enough users that want it, I'll update it.

I asked will Fassim Anti Spam work with Mybb 1.8?  but as yet I have not gotten a yes or no answer. I now wonder if devs know but will not say?

I desperately need you to update your extraordinarily useful plugin so it will work with MyBB 1.8. Stop Forum Spam in MyBB 1.8 is no substitute by a country mile. Without an update I may have to stay with MyBB 1.6 ! ! !

I couldn't sleep well at night without Fassim Anti Spam protecting my forum!

I regret I have not as yet made a donation but I will remedy this ASAP.
Hello, is the Fassim Anti Forum Spam plugin working any more? For the last week we're getting lots of spam accounts being registered from countries that were blocked through the plugin. I've noticed that the Fassim website has been down and the homepage displays some bare text from Apache. The rest of pages from the Fassim websit, including the country list, display a 404 error.

Can the author of this plugin mention if the plugin is no longer working or if it will work soon? This plugin is essential and has a great use in a forum.

It'd also be great to hear if any others are experiencing issues with this plugin. We've literally had our daily registrations shot up by 4x and all those accounts are from blocked countries and are all spam accounts.

If the API keys are no longer working but something else can be done with regards to this plugin, it'd be great to hear about it from either the author or anyone else using it.

Thanks for any replies.
Hi Finlan,

Thank for all the great words and support.  I've taken the site and the server down, we no longer have time or money to develop for this project.

Sorry for all the trouble.
(2015-08-31, 07:02 PM)kmoneil Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Finlan,

Thank for all the great words and support.  I've taken the site and the server down, we no longer have time or money to develop for this project.

Sorry for all the trouble.

Thanks for the quick reply! Such a shame as this was an excellent plugin.

Are there any plans to have this as a premium plugin? I would be ready to pay for this plugin and I'm guessing many others with big forums would. I also noticed that you had this plugin for other forum scripts, so perhaps turning this plugin a premium one would work? As said, I would certainly pay to use this plugin.

In the case that there are no plans to resurrect this plugin, could you please be so kind as to recommend a similar plugin that blocks countries for registration? Last I checked stop forum spam doesn't do this and I'm not too sure of blocking country block IPs. Would you know of any other plugin that does what your plugin did or would you happen to know any other way to block countries, even if it means using .htaccess to block IPs?

Your plugin was an epic one. We only use a couple of plugins (very basic setup) and I would deem your plugin among the top 5 if not the top 3 plugins for MyBB. Thanks for any further replies!
(2015-08-31, 07:13 PM)Finlan Wrote: [ -> ]would you happen to know any other way to block countries, even if it means using .htaccess to block IPs?

Fassim Anti Forum Spam was the BEST! So sad it’s gone.

I searched DuckDuckGo.com for “block country” found ip2location. If you know how to edit .htaccess you can block countries by IP range with this site.

EG: Selected china (of course), Apache .htaccess deny and downloaded the text file.

HTH
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13