MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Facebook Connect for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2012-12-10, 03:34 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi dandv, thanks for clarifying this, actually the naming made it easier to confuse.

Glad I could be of help. Can you please delete your long post above, to avoid further confusion?
(2012-12-10, 04:57 AM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-10, 03:34 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi dandv, thanks for clarifying this, actually the naming made it easier to confuse.

Glad I could be of help. Can you please delete your long post above, to avoid further confusion?

By the way, which is the best FB plugin for MyBB? And is there a way to convert from the other one to this one? Is it worth?
It would be nice to have a connect that worked on Opera ... Sad
(2012-12-21, 07:03 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice to have a connect that worked on Opera ... Sad

Very useful aswell. Facebook has a plugin and i sometimes use Opera so like Lee Fish has said it would be such great to have one that could connect to Opera aswell.
I've downloaded this and it appears to be not working, however the FB button isn't showing on the Forum index, any idea's ?
I get the 191 error

************************************************************************************************

I have solved the 191 Error, now I need to know how to get the button image to show
Sorry to sort of double post, but started a thread here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-133037.html

My question was:
"Is there a way to have it resize the avatar to a max resolution when users are joining using facebook? It seems it pulls their profile picture and will use it at the size given regardless of what setting are in MyBB.

I have:
Config->User Registration and Profile Options->Maximum Avatar set to 50x50 and Avatar Resizing Mode to automatic.

Config->Show Thread Options->Maximum Avatar Dimensions in Posts set to 50x50 as well. This says it will scale down avatars that are too big, but they are all showing up the original size.

If I try to change my avatar using an external link, it warns that the size is too big and references the size I have set.

It looks like the FBConnect is bypassing the checks maybe and just dumping the image into the DB? What I don't understand is what is the point of the "Maximum Avatar Dimensions in Posts" setting? It says it will scale large avatars which is exactly what is happening but it doesn't. Hopefully I'm missing some setting. Thanks."

Maybe this would be a good place to ask.
Nice job on the mod. I just have some questions:

1. Can the user's facebook name be also fetched and stored? (perhaps in a custom profile field)

2. Is the user's FB id stored? It might be handy when dealing with SPAM/abuse registrations.

Thanks in advanced.
I've yet to find a working social connect plugin for MyBB 1.6.x series... let alone work in the new upcoming 1.8.x series.

If anyone has a working plugin to allow automatic registration from facebook users please let me know, I've tried this one on 1.6.8 and it didn't work for me. But if someone else got it working on the same MyBB version then I obviously did something wrong and will be wanting that person's assistance.
does this work on 1.6.9 or any other plugin which is confirmed to work?
FB connect not working in 1.6.9
Pls reply this thread
http://community.mybb.com/thread-135811.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19