MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anything big in Mybb's future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I think myBB should improve the speed of this script. Its not slow but i doubt if it can handle very huge databases. Am i true?
@voctan: really? Have you seen hackforums or ncaabs? They're pretty huge and run perfectly fine (with a few optimisations made). MyBB is pretty lightweight in most areas apart from a few dodgy queries the developers know about thanks to labrocca.
I must agree with the above that OP should elaborate more what MyBB is lacking in his opinion.

I personally don't like bloated forum software (like vB) which include everything in the core. Not everyone need all the feature vB packs and those feature slow down the script incredibly. MyBB's core is quite slim and if users want more features, they can use a plugin to add those.

Btw, I tested XenForo's demo on their website and to be honest, I wasn't really impressed.
(2011-04-16, 08:54 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]I must agree with the above that OP should elaborate more what MyBB is lacking in his opinion.

I personally don't like bloated forum software (like vB) which include everything in the core. Not everyone need all the feature vB packs and those feature slow down the script incredibly. MyBB's core is quite slim and if users want more features, they can use a plugin to add those.

Btw, I tested XenForo's demo on their website and to be honest, I wasn't really impressed.

I agree. I found XenForo to be quite slow, sure the effects were nice but it didn't really float my boat.
They'll be certain optimizations in the future, and a few new features brought in later maintenance releases. These won't be massive, but it will help improve some of the 'bad' areas of MyBB.

There definitely won't be a MyBB 1.8, but that doesn't mean 1.6 won't be improved. 2.0 will be the next feature release.
I really don't like vB, and I definitely don't think it looks better. I've never actually used XenForo so I can't really comment on that.
Hmm, well I like the older VB, I should mention that. But I am glad some people agree and some people dont, since this is opinion I wont say your wrong or right thats just wrong. I am also glad to hear Mybb wil be getting some upgrade in the future. Smile

(2011-04-16, 05:13 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how seriously your opinion can be considered on this when you own a graphics forum and this is your way of advertising it:

[Image: 17_11_01_11_1_36_23.png]

I'd be more interested in what the owners of larger boards would have to say.

You don't seem to be able to articulate what you want. XenForo is cool and flashy but I've not found it to have a whole lot of substance that MyBB is lacking. I agree that MyBB is rough around the edges and outdated in some areas but I don't find any of them particularly drastic enough to consider switching to another software before 2.0.

As for 2.0, people keep saying 2-3 years but I've not seen this date corroborated by anyone on staff; seems like hearsay. It'll be done when it's done.
What does my way of advertising have to do with this? Nothing, nothing at all.... And I dont make my "Advertisements" I use the stuff my members make thank you very much, so I really rather you not post what you think if you dont know the whole story, and quiet frankly I could careless for YOUR thoughts. And a FYI, here is one issue with that work and small one to but simplicity is the best type of art work, IMO, although i'm sure you would like to say my thought is wrong.

I guess you found nothing else worth addressing in my post?
VB has been on a steady decline with the intergration of their CMS into the forum. I agree that having everything preloaded is what some may seem as bloat and rightfully so. How many of us would use everything that come preinstalled.

Only briefly visited Xen's boards and demo so I can't really comment on it, but from what I've seen is that the designers have a certain ideal of what the boards should look like and feel like which in turn means little design wise and changes for the user and admin.

The above is personal opinion, take it for what its worth Big Grin
(2011-04-16, 05:13 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]XenForo is cool and flashy but I've not found it to have a whole lot of substance that MyBB is lacking. I agree that MyBB is rough around the edges and outdated in some areas but I don't find any of them particularly drastic enough to consider switching to another software before 2.0.

I was actually going to say the same thing, people often ask me why I haven't switched to Xenforo since apparently its the "revolution in forum software" but I often find myself thinking, why would I pay almost $200 dollars for a forum software when MyBB has all the functionality I need for free... one the main reasons people buy a xf license is because its looking more appealing to the eye then any other forum software available right now. If someone took mybb and completely rewrote all of the templates and some of the core files, it could look just as good or better then Xenforo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9