MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anything big in Mybb's future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2011-04-24, 08:20 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]1.6 will include feature updates, it's not like it's dead. But it won't be massive releases like trash cans or stuff like that.

Planning 2.0 doesn't start with features. It starts with infrastructure.
Don't include a trash can, like a forum pre-made. Please don't, I hate those. Sad A feature which can be turned on/off is fine though. Toungue

(2011-04-24, 08:20 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]1.6 will include feature updates, it's not like it's dead. But it won't be massive releases like trash cans or stuff like that.

Planning 2.0 doesn't start with features. It starts with infrastructure.

Well then what do you mean by that? I honestly don't see how a trashcan is a massive release. :p
We are talking here more and more...but..
Why developers not talk here and tell us what's next.
(2011-04-24, 08:27 AM)MEDIA-DESIGN Wrote: [ -> ]We are talking here more and more...but..
Why developers not talk here and tell us what's next.

Like already been said, the feature planning hasn't started yet. The only thing the developers know for sure is that MyBB 2.0 will have completely rewritten core infrastructure and a new default theme. And I think the devs are reading along and filtering out the things they find valuable.
(2011-04-24, 08:31 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing the developers know for sure is that MyBB 2.0 will have completely rewritten core infrastructure and a new default theme.

We know a bit more than that. I was playing with the code yesterday, in fact.
(2011-04-24, 08:43 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-24, 08:31 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing the developers know for sure is that MyBB 2.0 will have completely rewritten core infrastructure and a new default theme.

Okay, I had to add "and made public" Toungue But great to hear that the development is well on its way Wink
(2011-04-24, 08:20 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]1.6 will include feature updates, it's not like it's dead.

Oh? Generally only major revisions (1.4, 1.6) had new features, so this is surprising to hear.
We're looking to improve the areas in 1.6 that is lacking functionality or is poorly executed by design - not introduce major new features. For example, providing an API-type method for plugin authors to have their latest updates checked via the ACP or improve plugin hook management.
Wowww, that's cool news Big Grin
Any chance of a redesigned profile coming in 1.6 as i feel this lacks in design

(2011-04-24, 08:43 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]

That's good to hear that the at least some of the code has beeen written.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9