MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Critique my New Thread page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I'm sharing these ideas here in the hopes that others can build on them and release good MyBB themes, and hopefully improve the UX of MyBB in general.

If you're a (really good) theme dev interested in picking my brain and stealing my ideas in order to develop something cool, let me know.
(2012-06-25, 02:54 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sharing these ideas here in the hopes that others can build on them and release good MyBB themes, and hopefully improve the UX of MyBB in general.

If you're a (really good) theme dev interested in picking my brain and stealing my ideas in order to develop something cool, let me know.

Idk about "Really good", but I'd love to here your ideas, as I'm working on a theme now... Feel free to pm me if you'd like to share Wink
(2012-06-25, 02:54 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sharing these ideas here in the hopes that others can build on them and release good MyBB themes, and hopefully improve the UX of MyBB in general.

I can't theme to save my life or I would offer. I am a pretty dab hand with templates though Toungue
How have you done this?

It looks like (without core edits) you have to take the code out of the usercp_nav_messenger template (leaving that blank) and replace {$usercp_nav} in all the required PM templates. Unless there is a way to remove the usercp_nav_messenger template from $usercpmenu?

EDIT: Just checked. It looks like you have to do that unless you want to edit inc/functions_user.php or use a plugin.
I'm using template conditionals plugin.
Thanks for the inspiration brad! Here's a screen shot of an upcoming site I'm making: http://www.themefreak.net/newreply.png
(2012-06-25, 07:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using template conditionals plugin.

Much easier. Smile Just makes it so much harder for themes to have this. I don't want to tell people they need to use plugins with my themes.
It's really not that big of a deal. I see it being a very common thing in the near future.
(2012-06-25, 07:20 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the inspiration brad! Here's a screen shot of an upcoming site I'm making: http://www.themefreak.net/newreply.png

Keep it up! It's very similar to what I made. I hope you can improve on it!

(2012-06-25, 07:47 PM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-25, 07:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using template conditionals plugin.

Much easier. Smile Just makes it so much harder for themes to have this. I don't want to tell people they need to use plugins with my themes.

Yeah I understand. But IMO every admin who customizes their site should have this plugin. For a good enough theme, I hope users would understand.
Template Conditionals = Must have feature.

I recall my memory to the back of 2007, there was a forum software (perhaps lite bulletin, if I recall it properly?) which was derived from MyBB but included with PHP in Templates option as core.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11