MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Critique my New Thread page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Inbox with previews! Big Grin

[Image: iZwupl.png]

Using {$message['message']} from the search results templates along with a fixed height div with hidden overflow. Also the entire cell is clickable. Would be better if I could strip out anything within MyCode tags.
Truly fabulous.
(2012-06-25, 08:37 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Template Conditionals = Must have feature.

I recall my memory to the back of 2007, there was a forum software (perhaps lite bulletin, if I recall it properly?) which was derived from MyBB but included with PHP in Templates option as core.

lol crazy you remember that, but yeah it was LB. I was the designer for it. (Though the staff around here hated us for it, probably explains why they hate me now) xD

Anyways, I love that so much brad. Ima have to drop you a PM or something once I get to that part of my redesign. :x
If only I had threaded PMs ... then it would be perfect.
(2012-06-27, 12:11 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Using {$message['message']} from the search results templates along with a fixed height div with hidden overflow. Also the entire cell is clickable. Would be better if I could strip out anything within MyCode tags.

Zinga Burga's Thread Tool Tip uses a function that cuts MyCode from previes, you can adap it to work with {$message['message']} with a plugin. It also cuts the message, so it really is a preview.
I have to launch my site in 4 days, so I don't have time to learn PHP and develop a plugin for this haha

Someone else is welcome to
I will take the task, don't know if somebody else will do but I will anyways.

Just need to ask the license otherwise will PM you.
Thank you!

I hope all together we can create some great new ideas for MyBB!

[Image: 6dDg8.png]

new profile, with less focus on stats and old posts (not really interesting to most users, i think) and more focus on information and content
Looks awesome Brad.

The problem I have with Template Conditionals is that it destroys GoMobile. There's a simple fix though. Change the DOCTYPE back to what it is in the default theme. I wonder if Scoutie applied it to the default theme download...
Holy crap brad-t, you're insane. Great work!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11