MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Critique my New Thread page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[Image: uG7Ls.png]

Still working on it. Though I almost worry I've taken the minimalism too far here. Will probably add some sort of visual indicator back to attachments.
The new thread page looks much better.

Though the profiles look pretty unfinished. Is that all you had planned?
(2012-06-29, 12:53 AM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]The problem I have with Template Conditionals is that it destroys GoMobile. There's a simple fix though.

The latest version of template conditionals no longer destroys GOMobile.

@brad - I am avoiding this thread as I am also working on my profiles and I don't want my design to be influenced by your great ideas.

From the sneak peeks I have not been able to resist, it is all looking very good, very Facebook sort of, but in red with a bolder look.

I like it Big Grin

* Leefish stops looking
(2012-06-29, 09:18 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Though the profiles look pretty unfinished. Is that all you had planned?

I realize they are pretty bare, but at the same time, there's not much else to show. I'm actually showing much more information than the MyBB User Profile default -- it's just much more condensed.

[Image: 5RBvl.png]

cleaned up attachments a bit
Looks awesome brad. The myBB developers really should make most of these ideas core myBB. Great work! Shame it is done for a forum I have no interest in otherwise I would join.
Hopefully someone will be willing to make a real theme out of it.
(2012-06-29, 03:33 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully someone will be willing to make a real theme out of it.

Perhaps make a complete PSD for all pages then sell it to a designer?
I thought you were showing us screen shots of the real pages Brad? It looks like a good css set up for a theme anyway - good use of repeating elements, should be quite low on overhead.
(2012-06-29, 04:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were showing us screen shots of the real pages Brad? It looks like a good css set up for a theme anyway - good use of repeating elements, should be quite low on overhead.

He is but it will be custom to him (and apparently it is badly coded with a load of unneeded things) so he wants someone to use the ideas for a premium theme idea.
Yes, these are real pages. I don't design in Photoshop; just rough mock ups.

This isn't suitable to release as a theme for a few reasons -- primarily, I didn't design this with the use of others in mind. There are lots of hard coded languages and other things that would cause trouble for others.

Also, while I am happy to share my discoveries I don't want to see sites that look like mine. While the layouts of elements are free for others to use, I'd like to keep my styling my own.

I am not sure about the overhead of my theme. Likely there are many redundancies and poorly coded parts that could be cleaned up by a better coder. What I would like to do is work with a designer to create a fairly bare-bones theme that nobody would use on its own -- it would be for serious admins who want to customize their site. And it would have to be free.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11