MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProjectX: the ACP theme you were looking for, now available!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Actually, it isn't a big update, I fixed some errors and added some nice CSS patches to some elements. As for now, I'm updating it to shrink and grow depending on screen resolution: I spent a lot of efforts into adapting textareas which were out of their container. Now they're fully vertically-scaleable and they fit 100% of their container, independently on what textarea is and what default dimensions has got the container.

I will provide some screens tomorrow with some great examples of what I said right before.
i was expecting a whole new template for ACP but anyway, this looks yummy
Looks really nice but why not play around with how with where things go that'll make a whole new ACP experience.
Due to technical problems to ADSL routing I'm unable to provide new screenshots of this theme for some days.

@StevenF50: it isn't a bad thing what you said, but as for now I'm working on the basic part, theming and styling it. When I will learn how to play around with HTML elements in ACP I will probably rewrite the panel to bring you a real new whole experience.
After a really long waiting, I'm back with some juicy updates to ProjectX!

Textareas

As I previously said, textareas were the the biggest pain I have to face off since MyBB's Default theme doesn't contain the correct styling for those elements. Adding a simple box-sizing:border-box; to textareas fixed all issues overflowing-related. I wanted to give textareas some nice styles and a little padding just to write cleanly and clearly, so box-sizing was necessary to fit them to my needs.

[Image: Schermata%2009-2456199%20alle%2022.37.42.png]

Radio buttons

Another question mark was radio buttons. Browsers render them differently, depending on OS and the browser itself. But what if I tell you that radio buttons can be the same in every browser, and they can even be styled with some nice solutions? Yes, it's real. There are many javascript and tutorials on how to achieve this, but MyBB's radio buttons have many - and necessary - CSS classes which break the javascript replacement method. I spent a lot of time searching for a solution and finally I managed how to render them with my own styles while keeping their full functionalities. The result is pretty and really intuitive as you can see in screenshots below.

[Image: Schermata%2009-2456199%20alle%2022.36.55.png]

Breadcrumb

Yeah, the breadcrumb is back. No one noticed this, but in my previous screens there wasn't any breadcrumb. I was planning to introduce a nice navigation menu and here is it.

[Image: Schermata%2009-2456199%20alle%2022.40.47.png]

Inline notifications

I've really strained my mind searching a nice colors combination within inline notifications - I guess I succeeded, judging by the result.

[Image: Schermata%2009-2456199%20alle%2022.38.14.png]

[Image: Schermata%2009-2456199%20alle%2022.39.08.png]

Font

Finally, I changed the main font used in important stuff like headings. Whereas before I was using ProximaNova, now the ACP is powered by Open Sans which is very similar (difference can't be actually recognized between those two fonts). The best news about embedded fonts is that ProximaNova is actually protected by a license - Open Sans is open source, so obviously free of charge. Thus, now I can release the theme publicly, although I have a lot of stuff to check and fix before a public beta can be out. As I said, this theme doesn't include only a CSS file and it requires many - to be honest, I replaced entire files - core edits to work properly and at the moment I can't provide any warranty on its functionality.
This is seriously fantastic.
Wow that looks just..just..stunning
Can't wait to see the download! Big Grin
Regarding the inline notifications, I would suggest toning down the drop shadow color a bit so the contrast isn't so high, making the text a bit difficult to read. Perhaps #65D861 for the green and #DB6461 for the red?
Thank you Firestryke31, I tried colors you mentioned but it would make text looking plain, while I was planning to add drop shadow to make it simil-3D. I will look into reducing a little bit contrast just to make sure users can read without feeling their eyes hurting Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11