MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProjectX: the ACP theme you were looking for, now available!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Yeah, we're ready for your both releases Shy
This should be the default ACP theme in MyBB. Nice work.
Just one word EPIC
Waiting for it's release SmileSmileSmile
Regards
You asked for it. You now got it.

Update #2

This is a major update since I practically changed the entire UI. You will fall in love with it, I promise!

A new UI, clean and comprehensible

This update comes with a completely rewritten User Interface: I put the menu on top with a nice blue (and gradient) background. I added a stunning new submenu and cleaned up table elements: those are now shipped with a great set of borders and background colors.

All you need is a menu. Done right.

I loved that floating submenu with nice fading borders, I admit it. But after 6 months that I was using it, I didn't ever get used to it and it felt 'strange' to me. Probably it was a matter of its font: I couldn't surf the entire ACP without searching 'for hours' to the correct section. It was a pain for my eyes.

I searched for a solution all over October an finally thought about an icon-based navigation menu. The initial concept was a standard floating menu with icons instead of labels, but then I realized that CSS float property was returning some errors with content and HTML label elements: I decided to introduce a fullscreen submenu: I guess it's better than the standard floating one because it saves space for content which at fullscreen is more comfortable to read and to manage.

Some features:

1. jQuery-based tooltip with labels (ready for 1.8) fired on hover;
  2. supports any language thanks to an href-based syntax;
  3. support for multiple levels up to unlimited bars;
  4. extensible CSS rules which you can use to style eventually missing icons;
  5. custom icons set with a huge database of icons to choose from (500+);
  6. comes with full support for the following plugins:
    1. NewPoints;
    2. MyNetwork;
    3. MyBot;
    4. MySupport;
    5. XThreads;
    6. Additional Pages;
    7. MyBBPublisher;
    8. Undo Delete;
    9. Username Changes;
    10. MyShoutbox

Here is it. Examples are taken from Maintenance and Users & Groups modules.

#tabs menu inherits this styles, but instead of icons it has normal labels because they're smaller.

Who loves solid borders?

Sometimes solid borders can be ugly, sometimes they can be ok. This time they are ravishing. I combined them with dashed borders and got an incredibly clean interface. Background colors are the icing on the cake, making every module of high readability.

Border-radius was the biggest problem I had to face off. I used a lot of advanced CSS techniques to achieve a full border-radius support for almost every table, whether if it has a single row, a single column, a single row and column, multiple row and a single column, etc.. I think I covered all the possible combinations, bringing the highest precision possible.

Last but not least... new buttons!

Although on/off buttons remained the same as Update #1, I decided to change yes/no buttons. Now they're circled, and they appear in particular ACP screens like the following:

There's a lot to look forward to!

I remind you that this is a work-in-progress ACP theme and it won't be public until I will release my project (currently I'm working on front-end part). Therefore it may take up from 2 weeks to 1 month before I will release an early beta of the theme: I'm also planning to give some users the chance to get my theme before its official release just to test it and give feedbacks and/or track eventual bugs.

I'm planning to introduce a lot of other features you haven't ever seen before, not only in a MyBB theme but in any website. An example? Mac-style popup menus with sliding and fading effects combinations Smile

I finally remind you that this theme will certainly be released for free. I personally hate setting a price for a project appreciated by so many people: I prefer receiving spontaneous donations instead, hoping someone will thank my work offering me a coffee Smile

A greeting, and stay tuned upon its release!
Makes me feel shorter.
You are ... You are ...

AMAZING!!!

Now stop advertising and release it, my patience are overflown. Grrr .... :@

Splendid work, Shade!!! Big Grin
O.o looks awesome, a release date?
Quote:There's a lot to look forward to!

I remind you that this is a work-in-progress ACP theme and it won't be public until I will release my project (currently I'm working on front-end part). Therefore it may take up from 2 weeks to 1 month before I will release an early beta of the theme: I'm also planning to give some users the chance to get my theme before its official release just to test it and give feedbacks and/or track eventual bugs.

I'm planning to introduce a lot of other features you haven't ever seen before, not only in a MyBB theme but in any website. An example? Mac-style popup menus with sliding and fading effects combinations Smile

Wink
Such. A. Tease.
I still cannot wait for this to finally be released. It still looks amazing and if not even more stunning then when it was first shown to us. As soon as this is released I'm sure that it will be teh default Admin Control Panel theme for TONS of people. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11