MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTwitter Connect 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
It seems this is extremely outdated. I tried to use it, but firstly it does not show, and secondly, if I manually go to mysite.com/mytwconnect.php?action=login it will go to twitter auth page but when you try to complete it will say "this page is not working".

Please let me know if this will ever be updated and fixed.
It is indeed a bit outdated and may not work properly. Unfortunately, I do not have enough spare time at the moment to update it.
(2017-08-15, 07:40 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]It is indeed a bit outdated and may not work properly. Unfortunately, I do not have enough spare time at the moment to update it.

Thanks for the response, is Flyover also outdated?
Flyover is up to date.
MyTwitter Connect 3.0 pre-release is now available here: https://github.com/Shade-/MyTwitter-Connect

This version sports an updated SDK which adds the ability to retrieve emails as per the latest Twitter policies; it should also be more stable as the 2.1 SDK is way outdated. Additionally, MyTwitter Connect 3.0 has been rewritten using the more known MyFacebook Connect as codebase, and it inherits some of its features such as continuous operational state and a separate login button template.

MyTwitter Connect now requires PHP's OpenSSL, and PHP 5.4+. No support will be given to more outdated PHP versions.

Please do reckon that 3.0 is in pre-release state. No tests have been performed so far, and some things will likely change according to your feedbacks.

To update, delete the /mytwconnect/ folder first; then, upload the new files, overwriting the old ones, and run the upgrade script in the ACP when asked.

Please do a full backup of both your files and database before testing MyTwitter Connect 3.0.
Hi, I can't get this to work! I've done everything the instructions said but I always get a "An unknown error has occurred." message. I have MyFB Connect working but this will not. Any suggestions? In the settings Consumer Key is API Key and Consumer Secret is API Secret Key, correct?
MyTwitter Connect 3.0 is out
This is a feature, maintenance and bugfix release, realigning the code to MyFacebook Connect standards and functionalities. It also features the latest SDK available with more stability and speed.

For more informations, read the release thread.
Still getting "Unknown Error has occurred" with 3.0. I have the keys copy/pasted perfectly. I've done everything the instructions say to do. MyFBConnect works just fine for my forum but not MyTWConnect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15