MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTwitter Connect 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2013-05-23, 11:45 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it seems like your board can't be reached. You must upload all the files, if you get a 404 error it means the files are missing.

i has upload all file.i has give you admin account check your pm
please help me

can you give me a solution for facebook connect?
can you tell me what wrong with my plugin?
Trying to get Twitter Connect to work, I got Facebook Connect to work... but this one is NOT working.
That's odd asoldier. What's wrong with it?
Hi, thanks for these great plug ins Smile

I got a new twitter account, how do I connect a new account name to my mybb account? I cant find anything in settings Smile
So I have to say that these two plugins, MyFacebook Connect and MyTwitter Connect, are both fantastic. =) With the right styling, they're perfect on my board and may prove to really help bring in more conversions.

But I do have an issue I'd like to resolve. When I logged in with the Facebook connect, it immediately assigned my facebook to my admin account. That's exactly what I wanted it to do. When I logged in with my twitter account, it created a new account entirely and gave that new account a very strange email address: [email protected]

Is there a reason for that?
Thank you for your kind words, Elegant Totality. The reason why MyFacebook Connect automatically linked your Facebook ID to your MyBB account and MyTwitter Connect created a new account with a strange email filled in is the following: the latter is capable of retrieving the user's Facebook email and check it against the MyBB one. If there's a match, the account is automatically linked (aka "attached") onto it.

Instead, MyTwitter Connect isn't capable of fetching the user's Twitter email due to their API restrictions. So, MyTwitter Connect generates a fictional email combining the user's Twitter ID (18468074) and the board's name, lowercase and without spaces (thefellowshipdiscussionforums) dot com. This is used when the Fast Registration option is set to on (instant registration) and it's there to prevent the datahandler throwing a "email missing" error. It's just a placeholder, basically.

However, you can link your admin account to your Twitter account by using the linking feature present in your User Control Panel.
Nice, but I can't see the settings @ ACP.
It happens because you didn't keep the structure of the plugin (nor you have changed the /inc/languages/english folder to the language you're using). Uninstall the plugin, change the language folder to your language, and reinstall.

It may happen also because you have an old PluginLibrary copy currently installed. Check it out and update it if obsolete.
It is not working!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15