MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hello guys, I'd like to know what free web host do you recommend and why ? I'm asking because I'm gonna move from hostinger.uk because I can't have more than 3 database user connection at the same time and it is a real problem for my mybb forum...
you can use icyboards
however you cannot install plugins of your own choice - you have to chose from available plugins there
If you want your site to actually go far, you'll want to use paid hosting - I'm going to switch to GoDaddy on my boards, I've tried nearly all the free hosts around and they're all terrible to an extent, and most of them are YouHosting or MyOwnFreeHost resellers* - YH is a broken mess you can see at youhosting.ml why (a collab mockery between me and rubenmdh on the youhosting forums), MOFH is the exact same as ByetHost which for some reason you have to refresh page yourself on MyBB forums.

x10Hosting used to be good until a couple of months back when they started getting a ton of server issues everywhere, ironically it was when I switched to MyBB when everything stopped working there. I never used HelioHost for long but nearly all the time you can't register due to signup limit reached, and only one of their servers (Stevie) seems to stay online often enough to be useful.

I've been reading into OVH recently and they apparently provide cheap decent hosting, and very cheap VPS, with fairly decent support. I asked of it on YouHosting Forum and most people say it's good.

Still, what are you running your site for? Who are you targeting it at? It's a good idea to whether choose a dedicated server, VPS, or shared hosting, so you could provide more about your website.

(hostinger = derp hosting, they're the ones responsible for using an old PHP version (5.2.17) on 000webhost, getting their systems hacked, messing it up, acknowledging their use of old PHP version, and then not bothering to change it, lol)

* - I run a MOFH reseller since yesterday, actually, we have one client and that's someone I know IRL so they don't count
I don't how to choose. Is there any free webhost who use unlimited or not? Just need some suggestions.
you can try IcyBoards or Byethost.
(2016-02-06, 09:58 AM)DixieKongJD Wrote: [ -> ]If you want your site to actually go far, you'll want to use paid hosting - I'm going to switch to GoDaddy on my boards, I've tried nearly all the free hosts around and they're all terrible to an extent, and most of them are YouHosting or MyOwnFreeHost resellers* - YH is a broken mess you can see at youhosting.ml why (a collab mockery between me and rubenmdh on the youhosting forums), MOFH is the exact same as ByetHost which for some reason you have to refresh page yourself on MyBB forums.

x10Hosting used to be good until a couple of months back when they started getting a ton of server issues everywhere, ironically it was when I switched to MyBB when everything stopped working there. I never used HelioHost for long but nearly all the time you can't register due to signup limit reached, and only one of their servers (Stevie) seems to stay online often enough to be useful.

I've been reading into OVH recently and they apparently provide cheap decent hosting, and very cheap VPS, with fairly decent support. I asked of it on YouHosting Forum and most people say it's good.

Still, what are you running your site for? Who are you targeting it at? It's a good idea to whether choose a dedicated server, VPS, or shared hosting, so you could provide more about your website.

(hostinger = derp hosting, they're the ones responsible for using an old PHP version (5.2.17) on 000webhost, getting their systems hacked, messing it up, acknowledging their use of old PHP version, and then not bothering to change it, lol)

* - I run a MOFH reseller since yesterday, actually, we have one client and that's someone I know IRL so they don't count

I used to have a lot of issues with OVH, but in the past few years they've improved a lot. I'd recommend them. Not to mention they have a massive firewall.
I'm currrently on OVH and so far I had no issues, except some MySQL downtimes (but it got better this last month)... they provide good support tho.
(2016-02-06, 11:40 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]you can try IcyBoards or Byethost.

byethost is unlimited?
if you are referring to unlimited disk space then no, and there isn't any free host that will provide you that.
Hi! I am a software developer and I'm looking to sell some software. I'm mainly going to be running a forum, but I also need a bit of storage space for this software, so I figure that I only need shared web hosting. 

The software that I'm selling is a .exe file using the .NET framework. Now I'm going to have a PHP script which executes an encrypter which then encrypts my .exe file, then the PHP script will take a copy of the file and move it to a new folder and then zip it. The zipped files will be deleted every 2 or 3 months, and shouldn't take up more space than around 2-3 GB (that is all the files combined).

For that to work, I need this rquirements:
1. The webhost has to offer Windows as the operating system of the server.
2. No PHP restrictions. Well, at least it can't block functions like exec.
3. At least 10GB storage space, and an option to upgrade. I'm looking for a webhost that has good and fast support (so 24/7, or close to that) and I'd also like SSL as an option.
4. I prefer to host in european server (it's my consideration about the site speed)

I found that hostforlife meet my requirements after i read this review http://reviewhostingasp.net/best-asp-net...in-europe/ 

Are you guys are familiar with this hosting provider? if not, i'm hoping that some of you have a good sites in mind. Thanks in advance Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13