MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2016-09-29, 02:15 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Here are my opinions.
  • There is nothing like pre-installed MyBB they simply copy the MyBB files to your web space so you can start the installation. However i not like them much.
  • Extra cost for what? for Resources it can be a good investment if your forum is growing alot other then its just waste of money.
  • There are many hosting providers who provides such things but with different methods like with the help of softaculous, installatron, fantastico,etc not recommended though.
  • In shared host you have a shared space like shared memory, shared bandwidth, shared CPU,etc but in VPS your resources are completely your own. VPSs are costly then shared web hosts(for same resources) but they highly recommended for serious websites also you can easily install MyBB on a VPS with just few steps. Getting trouble installing MyBB? you can contact anyone from MyBB community(who knows a little about MyBB) including me.

Hope it help you.
  • OK, so looking for a VPS now...
  • (2016-09-29, 02:15 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing like pre-installed MyBB they simply copy the MyBB files to your web space so you can start the installation. However i not like them much.

Nice try; incorrect. See IcyBoards - though it has limitations, it is pre-installed.
    (2016-09-29, 10:32 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
    (2016-09-29, 02:15 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing like pre-installed MyBB they simply copy the MyBB files to your web space so you can start the installation. However i not like them much.

Nice try; incorrect. See IcyBoards - though it has limitations, it is pre-installed.

IcyBoards does not work based on copying MyBB files. IcyBoards has one set of MyBB core files for the entire site.
    (2016-09-29, 11:44 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
    (2016-09-29, 02:15 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing like pre-installed MyBB they simply copy the MyBB files to your web space so you can start the installation. However i not like them much.

IcyBoards does not work based on copying MyBB files. IcyBoards has one set of MyBB core files for the entire site.

But the point is that it is pre-installed.
    (2016-09-30, 02:20 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

It is NOT "pre-installed". The installation runs when you click the register button.
    (2016-09-30, 03:14 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]

It is NOT "pre-installed". The installation runs when you click the register button.

It's not "sign up, upload files, run installer"; it's therefore meeting the criteria for "pre-installed" in this particular argument; though a more apt description would be "installed on-demand".
    (2016-09-30, 03:29 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
    (2016-09-30, 03:14 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
    (2016-09-29, 10:32 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Nice try; incorrect. See IcyBoards - though it has limitations, it is pre-installed.

It's not "sign up, upload files, run installer"; it's therefore meeting the criteria for "pre-installed" in this particular argument; though a more apt description would be "installed on-demand".

I'm not understanding what you're getting at. It is not "pre-installed" as the installer does not run until you click the "register" button. This does classify as "install on-demand' as you mentioned. The MyBB package is also "install on-demand" as it also installs when you demand it do so. Simply renaming the install button does not mean it is now classified as a separate software package, does it? If I download Windows 10 and rename the start menu to "Launch Menu", does that mean it is no longer a Windows 10 installation? No.
    Last question:

Can a moderately active MyBB forum (<100 concurrent users) run in a LAMP server with 512M of RAM or will it need more?
    (2016-10-01, 07:58 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: [ -> ]Last question:

Can a moderately active MyBB forum (<100 concurrent users) run in a LAMP server with 512M of RAM or will it need more?

I HIGHLY recommend Mybbwebhost. They are sort of an underdog. I was with A2hosting but I ran into errors like I was with icyboards with everything being so strict.

They personally help you with pretty much anything and everything they can ever help with. They set up my emailing system, they fixed a few of my plugins and response time is pretty much with in 24/30 hours.

I am a legit customer, nothing more. I have records of at least 5+ support tickets and billing info to prove it.
    (2016-10-02, 03:46 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
    (2016-10-01, 07:58 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: [ -> ]Last question:

I HIGHLY recommend Mybbwebhost. They are sort of an underdog. I was with A2hosting but I ran into errors like I was with icyboards with everything being so strict.

They personally help you with pretty much anything and everything they can ever help with. They set up my emailing system, they fixed a few of my plugins and response time is pretty much with in 24/30 hours.

I am a legit customer, nothing more. I have records of at least 5+ support tickets and billing info to prove it.

What kind of errors were you running in to on IcyBoards? We do not impose a limit on concurrent users. I'm not sure how that is "so strict" if everything is unmetered except for file uploads.
    Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13