MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
HostGator has reliable service but horrible customer service. Sadly, I'd never recommend Hostgator because support is so... bad. Just bad.
Siteground is my recommendation. I've been using them for many years and they have fantastic customer service at all hours. They stay up to date with technology and are great with security.
You can update the first post and add netcup for vps Wink, they are cheap, from germany but realy good features and good servers.
I have not tested any shared hosting from them but have arround 20 servers hosted over netcup and never expire any problems.

https://www.netcup.de/
Not So Recommended
Host: A Small Orange
Plan: Small (shared)
Types of hosting offered: Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Reseller
Price: Current advertised price on home page for Small $8. per month.
(I paid $50 annually from 2011 to 2017. My price shown in client area will be $86. in 2018)
Features: 5GB storage, 50GB bandwidth, cPanel
(cPanel and mail is only usable if you visit with fixed IP or VPN otherwise login will fail at both sites. Must use IP address to access those sites and add exception when warned by browser otherwise you won't be able to access mail or cPanel. This is caused by expired security certificates for mail and cPanel websites)
Sites Hosted (not for long!): Puppy Linux Forum, Puppy Linux FAQ

Review: I signed up in 2011. At that time and for some years after support was superb. Support has now deteriorated to almost non existent. It is no longer possible for clients to initiate support tickets. Instead you are put through a fruitless exercise that forces you to drill down through various categories and knowledge base articles the end result of which is you are offered chat without being able to create a ticket. The chat is unreliable. Sometimes you get a response and sometimes nothing happens when you click Chat button. When chat does work there is no indication of whether there’s a queue or how many people are waiting. When they do respond their answers are curt and unhelpful. And I suspect English is a second language for some staff and they don’t do well with it. The decline of support at ASO appears to have been caused by a buyout. My recommendation is look elsewhere for hosting.
Isn't asmallorange is brand of EIG? and i almost hate every EIG brand cause EIG never cares for his clients or even for their data EIG turns every acquired brand into a money hogging business and i can assure you it'll be a fall for EIG to not focus with support and sensitive information.
(2017-10-06, 04:46 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't asmallorange is brand of EIG?

It is now; never used to be.
(2017-10-06, 05:10 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-06, 04:46 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't asmallorange is brand of EIG?

It is now; never used to be.

Look like EIG acquired asmallorange in mid 2012 so it sure is a money hogging business.
Yeah, A Small Orange used to be brilliant. I've used them in the past, but from what I've heard recently it's probably better to stay away for now.
Host: viewen.com
Plan: Free|Unlimited Storage | Unlimited Bandwith
Types of hosting offered: Free London, $1.95 Paris, $9.95 Los Angles, $35 Island , $99.95 App Cloud
Sites Hosted: Not willing to share Sites
Review: Is not that bad I been using it for 3 months all I had to get was a Domain Name but they do not accept free Domain Names like Freenom.
(2018-08-26, 04:14 AM)poopkrazy Wrote: [ -> ]Host: viewen.com
Plan: Free|Unlimited Storage | Unlimited Bandwith
Types of hosting offered: Free London, $1.95 Paris, $9.95 Los Angles, $35 Island , $99.95 App Cloud
Sites Hosted: Not willing to share Sites
Review: Is not that bad I been using it for 3 months all I had to get was a Domain Name but they do not accept free Domain Names like Freenom.

Are they resellar or they have their own servers ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13