MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Revolution gaming [Dark theme] 1.8.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Another good theme andrew!

Too much text shadow though...yuck
[Image: P9GdWcG.png?1]

For some reason a } has appeared there and I'm unsure of how to remove it. I've looked around the postbit template and haven't found anything out of place.

If you'd like a link to a topic on my website, there's one HERE

If some help could be provided, that'd be greatly appreciated. Big Grin
Quote:Too much text shadow though...

Agree with Vapor and too many character strings hardcoded that polluates a multilingual site.
Anyway thanks Andrew for this nice theme, I also used "Rush" with very few modifications.
And after chasing the templates and the CSS, here is the result :
My site
Thanks man.
(2015-08-31, 07:22 AM)Anorak Wrote: [ -> ][Image: P9GdWcG.png?1]

For some reason a } has appeared there and I'm unsure of how to remove it. I've looked around the postbit template and haven't found anything out of place.

If you'd like a link to a topic on my website, there's one HERE

If some help could be provided, that'd be greatly appreciated. Big Grin

Look closer at the postbit template Smile
Where can i find the bfbg.jpeg file location? I searched almost every .css and templates files and can'T find it. I want to change it for a diff header background and if i simpply rename it and rename mine bfbg.jpg then i get some cache problems and don'T want to encounter that aha. PS. quote me please Smile
Are you talking about the header image at the top?

Look at "revolution.css" and change ".topbar" background image to whatever you want.

I uploaded mine to:
mysite.com/images/header_image.png

And just change the revolution.css / .topbar to reflect your new image and location on your server you placed it.
How do I make private messages use its own post_body CSS? It uses the same tag as every other post on the forum. This causes issues if the forum width was resized; it either makes Quick Edit not work (if post_body width is altered to fit PMs) or it makes PM messages taper off and disappear because the postbit isn't wide enough.

I've been looking in private_read but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. Would this be in another area of the templates? I don't need help making the separate CSS tag (it's already been made), just need help finding where to put it so it only applies to private messages.

Edit: Alternatively, I'd be willing to not do this if there were a way to move the User CP navbar on the left further away to accommodate the necessary postbit size.
Can you post a screenshot?
Sorry, of what?

I'll just throw a couple screenshots here and hope they're what you need/are asking for.

Here is a screenshot of the PM postbit after it has been edited to fit through post_body CSS. Doing this causes the Quick Edit functionality in normal posts to stop working (it simply stops appearing and nothing happens).

Here is a screenshot of the PM postbit when the width fix is removed. Doing this fixes the Quick Edit functionality but, as you can see, makes the ends of the sentences trail off (which is because of the User CP navbar taking up the real estate that would normally go to the postbit).

This problem is nonexistent when the theme is at full width, however I reduced it many months ago since it was a little too wide for my tastes and for the purposes of the forum.

Here is the forum link if needed: http://theorionrepublic.com/index.php

Here is a screenshot of the CSS.

Here is a screenshot of the postbit template I am changing throughout this process. The private messaging system seems to use whatever gets input with the shown circle, but changing the width of the CSS breaks Quick Edit. Ideally, I'm looking for a way to separate private messages from using this part of the template and can instead use its own so that I can have a fixed PM postbit without sacrificing the use of Quick Edit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43