MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Revolution gaming [Dark theme] 1.8.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Woah, it looks great AriaR, I really like the edits it flows really well. Smile

I just wish I knew how to put the bg to where you have the space picture.. struggle is real.
(2014-12-05, 03:14 AM)Esper Wrote: [ -> ]Woah, it looks great AriaR, I really like the edits it flows really well. Smile

I just wish I knew how to put the bg to where you have the space picture.. struggle is real.

Thank you!

It's actually easy. In revolution.css, find topbar.
That image is bfbg.jpg.
I had to mess with the height of the topbar to get it show for some reason.

Hope that works for you too.
WAit it literally just randomly showed up.. o.O

So weird, thanks though haha. Smile
how can i add blocks on the right side of my forum on the index, i want to add facebook, twitter, donation bar and links Smile
Copy and paste this into your Templates > Revolution templates > Index page templates > Index

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body id="forums">
{$header}
<div class="side" style="float: right; width: 23%">

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<div class="float_left"><strong>Thead Title</strong></div> 
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
Trow content here
</td>
</tr>
</table>
  <br />  

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<div class="float_left"><strong>Thead Title</strong></div> 
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
Trow content here
</td>
</tr>
</table>
  <br />  

</div>
<div class="forum" style="float: left; width: 76%;">{$forums}</div>
{$boardstats}
<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
This is an incredible theme! Truly well done.

I do, however, have a question. I'm a big fan of the forum width on the index page, however the width remains the same on posts. My board happens to be a role-play forum that is really word-heavy, so the width makes it a sore to have to scan from left to right so much.

Is there a way to make it so that the post body has a fixed width? The topbar, bfbg, and things like that would stay the same, I'm only interested in altering the exact area where post content goes.

Edit: Oops, forgot another question. The topbar where all the links are (Such as Home, Forum, etc), is there a way to change what's there? I have Home, Help, and Calendar disabled and would rather those links not be visible if at all possible.

Edit2: To clarify about the post body fixed width, going into global.css and adding a width: tag to line 1516 simply changes the text, but not what the text is contained within. Is there another div I should be changing?
Thanks, you could but it would probably take a lot of editing as the post bits aren't default MyBB code.
You can look for all the classes for the postbits in Templates > Revolution gaming> Postbit templates > Postbit + Postbit classic.

For the header links you can edit them in Templates > Revolution gaming> Header templates > Header with the code below.

<div class="menu">
<ul>
<li id="nav-portal"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php"><i style="font-size: 12px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i> Home</a></li>
<li id="nav-forums"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"><i style="font-size: 12px;" class="fa fa-comments fa-fw"></i> Forums</a></li>
<li id="nav-search"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php"><i style="font-size: 12px;" class="fa fa-search fa-fw"></i>  {$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
<li id="nav-member"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php"><i style="font-size: 12px;" class="fa fa-users fa-fw"></i> Members</a></li>
<li id="nav-calendar"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php"><i style="font-size: 12px;" class="fa fa-calendar fa-fw"></i> {$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
<li id="nav-help"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help"><i style="font-size: 12px;" class="fa fa-info fa-fw"></i> {$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
  <li><a href='javascript:;' id="extraslink"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-caret-down fa-fw"></i>Extras</a></li>
      <ul>
            </div> 
  <div id="extraslink_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;">
      <div class="popup_item_container">
        <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/stats.php" class="popup_item">Forum stats</a>
      </div>
        <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/showteam.php" class="popup_item">Show team</a>
      </div>
        <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew" class="popup_item">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a>
      </div>
        <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily" class="popup_item">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a>
      </div>
        <a href="*" class="popup_item">Link five here</a>
      </div>
  </div>

Thank you very much, Andrew.

Ah, I figured it might be too difficult to separate the two, ah well. No big deal, I changed the width of the wrapper as a compromise. This theme really is great.
I'm afraid I have another question!

When posting, it gives the final result in the edit field, forcing you to click View Source in the top right of the box. While that by itself isn't that big of a deal, every time you click on Preview or if you go into Full Edit after you make the post, portions of the code are missing entirely as though they were removed. I mostly notice this with size tags.

Is there any way to force the edit/posting field to only show the source, and is code being removed a bug? Any ideas on a fix? The reason I ask here is because it's specific to interacting with a feature from the theme and didn't exist on any theme used in the past. This is the first theme I've used that has the source + final, so I figure it might be something to do with that?
Can you post a screen shot so i can see what you mean?

MyBB editor is buggy by default so it might be that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43