MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBlog v1.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Thank you for this plug-in. The base plug-in is installed and works great. In order to make it work the way I want it to, have been trying this with no luck.

1) I would like to have the blog show up on my portal page in the center above announcements (with a different style formatting).
2) I would like to have an excerpt show on my forum page in a sidebox (the sidebox is already there, just waiting for the coding for insertion)

Have already tried inserting {$mybblog} into the portal template, but it isn't showing.

Understand I have limited coding experience, mostly I try to find coding that works and use copy and paste to get the desired results. That method is not working for this change.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
MyBBlog isn't designed to display information anywhere outside of its page. If you want to include it somewhere else you'd need to write some own queries etc to collect the data you'd want to display.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess help would need to be found elsewhere then.
OK, I am fairly certain that I have set up this plugin correctly. There is a link at the top of my site www.hookedonroleplaying.com that says blog. I am assuming that is for Mybblog. However, I am confused as to how to write actual articles and such so that they appear on the blog.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Is there anyway to set up a blog that multiple users can add too and also it has it's own subdomain? like blog.domain.com. Brilliant plugin by the way Big Grin
(2015-06-07, 07:48 PM)Bamk84 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I am fairly certain that I have set up this plugin correctly. There is a link at the top of my site www.hookedonroleplaying.com that says blog. I am assuming that is for Mybblog. However, I am confused as to how to write actual articles and such so that they appear on the blog.

Thanks in advance for any help!

That link isn't for MyBBlog. MyBBlog can be found under http://www.hookedonroleplaying.com/mybblog.php - there's a link then to write new articles.

(2015-06-07, 11:45 PM)liamgreen Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to set up a blog that multiple users can add too and also it has it's own subdomain? like blog.domain.com. Brilliant plugin by the way Big Grin

You can select multiple groups to allow writing access to the blog. However note that this also means that they can edit other articles (I'm planning to change that in a future release). About the subdomain: you could setup that subdomain to automatically redirect to the original page.
Would you please mind to make it show SEO friendly URLs instead if the once you have?
I get empty page when activating and I'm on php 5.5
Can you activate PHP errors on your host? A white page is usually a PHP error.
We seem to have an interesting error.

All levels of members including regular members can edit/delete other's main posts. Is there a way to fix it? We can get it to stop happening in comments but not the rest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16