MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.3 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Please discuss MyBB 1.2.3 Released here.

If you have problems with the upgrade, please post in a new thread in General Support. This thread is for the discussion of the release.
I deleted my post after I realized that.

btw...any chance of a upgrade files only package? Also there are template changes how does the upgrade script handle them?
All is pretty much answered in the announcement (and changed files): http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid107476

As for templates, if the announcement does not clear it up:

None of your templates are modified or deleted. We re-insert our "base" templates which are the master copy for your forum - this means all templates that you haven't edited already use the updated version. Any that you have edited and were changed in 1.2.3 will show up under "Find Updated" in the templates section - from there it is your responsibility to either revert your custom templates or edit them to be up to date with the changes.

Now - templates listed in the announcement above with revert required require that some changes be made for the functionality of that particular feature to still work. Templates without the "required revert" that you have customised will work fine as they are - no need to revert or modify them.

Hopefully that clears it up.
So basically if you have a Totally Modded forum and such.. you will have to revert it all? like change everything after the upgrade?
Awesome Chris! I'm update my forums later!
I'm scared Toungue
Will having MKPortal create any issues with upgrading?
I have also made many template changes.As already asked, would it be possible for an updated files only package? This probably wont matter though right?
Chris Boulton Wrote:All is pretty much answered in the announcement (and changed files): http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid107476

As for templates, if the announcement does not clear it up:

None of your templates are modified or deleted. We re-insert our "base" templates which are the master copy for your forum - this means all templates that you haven't edited already use the updated version. Any that you have edited and were changed in 1.2.3 will show up under "Find Updated" in the templates section - from there it is your responsibility to either revert your custom templates or edit them to be up to date with the changes.

Now - templates listed in the announcement above with revert required require that some changes be made for the functionality of that particular feature to still work. Templates without the "required revert" that you have customised will work fine as they are - no need to revert or modify them.

Hopefully that clears it up.

Excellent. I am glad that the template changes are done in a more friendly manner in this update. Now to update my 21 mybb sites. Sad
is this forum on the new verion now ?
crsoft Wrote:is this forum on the new verion now ?
It contains a bug-fix that I reported, therefore I would assume yes. Smile
Congratulations... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12