MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYPS (my point system)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I have also just installed MYPS at MybbCentral.  Seems to be working great and I recounted the MYPS just fine for the 300 members in about 2 seconds.

hemi Wrote:wOOt I was waiting for this update before I installed the plugin Labrocca. Is it easier for a fresh install or should I go back and install the first release and then the newer one?

Many many thanks again.

If you have not installed this then just install 1.03. If you have 1.02 then follow the upgrade instruction which is just 2 files to update and no mysql changes.
Not sure if this is correct but when i recount the myps it looks to me as if it totals the points up as if the setting were default and not the current settings which i have applied.

Hope you under stand what i mean
Well I noted that the myps will not currently recount the bonus for threads vs posts. Nor will it count characters at this time. Users have a "postnum" variable in mysql. postnum is multiplied by the myps for posts and then added with the default myps.

Mybbcentral was recounted as it was just installed so you can view it there. I have default MYPS set to 5 and replies are counted for 1.
Just tried again but it doesn't recount the myps points to what you have set the amount of points to be in the admin cp i.e i have my points set to 20 for a new post, 10 for a reply ect
Grr..I will look into it further today.

EDIT: Found the problem...I used a + when I should have used a * (plus vs multiply).

Check mybbcentral for the fix and update file.
OK, I have a question! I've uploaded the file for the newest version (4th) and then did a recount. Is it suppose to calculate points for every thread and post? Cause now all my members have the exact same number of points as posts. I left the settings as default, so 1 point for posts and 3 for threads. Since I know people have created threads, shouldn't they have more points than posts??

Just realized I posted this on the mybb community, so I'll post it on your forum as well! Big Grin
Currently it's not setup for "threads" vs "replies" in the recount. The reason is that it would require a more difficult mysql query to find all the threads. Right now mybb stores a post number (postnum) inside the sql that I use to recount. One day I will work on the recount so that it works for both replies, posts, and characters. For now it's based on just postnum plus the default on signup. You might want to make replies worth 2 and do a recount..then just change your points to 1 for replies. It's not perfect but it will give a small bonus to everyone.

My apologies if that's not satisfactory I just have the subscription module to complete and that's priority. I have 2 days into it so far and it's coming along fairly well. Last night I had some problems but I worked around it. I am really hoping to have something released today but realistically it might be a couple more days. The testing of an IPN module is slow and cumbersome. I also don't want any mistakes in the module for security reasons.
MYPS 1.05 released...some great bug fixes including a new recount system which includes posts, threads, and polls. Great for existing boards that want to give proper MYPS to members.

Also I have redone the permission system for editing of MYPS...now the options are
Admins
Admins and Super Mods
All Mods (that includes admins and superadmins.

Download at mybbcentral.

If you have a previous version install easy update instructions are included. You do not have to reinstall or recount the MYPS if you do not want to.

Thanks again.
Great i will update now. Just a quick question do you know when the add on feature of the lottery will be complete
No I don't know when I will do the lottery. Here is my priority list. IPN is time consuming...Lottery might be coming by end of May I guess. I will see.

1. IPN donation and subscriptions
2. Lottery
3. Shop system
4. Betting System
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15